How to create this snare 'noise' style effect

Blend 107

Hi,
I have listened to a few tracks with the effect in it. It sound like white noise on the snares

The noise I am talking about is the on every 3rd snare in this song:

and used at the end of every 8 bars here (0:31 & 0:42):

and used every 8 bars here (0:11 & 0:22):

Sorry if I'm unclear - finding it hard to explain!

Last edited by a moderator:
try layering stick/tamb or some percusive element and then add reverb and play with wet and decay level on reverb...at least that is the case on second track i think

Hey mate! This is pretty much the same snare (usually) layered with the original, but the second one having reverb as opposed to the regular one, atleast that's how I usually go about it

PS: make sure to get a pretty high lowcut, don't want all that low-end reverb messing your mix!

Thanks for your ideas - im getting there I think, although I need to figure out how to stop the reverb abruptly when the next kick hits, though I don't know how I would go about doing that. Does anyone have any other ideas? :)

How does the kick interfere with your reverb? make the decay longer, make sure your "reverb" snare is not the normal snare, but a copy

Bro, not the only way, but white noise is your answer my friend! That and some nice filtering with a lowpass filter with the resonance set to a point where, well you can hear the resonance and what creates the depth of that effect. Be unique create something in your own way.. Not at all brother saying that you are being uncreative or ununique lmaoo just saying in general!! Cant wait to hear the results of this :) <3 :carlton:

Thanks for your ideas - im getting there I think, although I need to figure out how to stop the reverb abruptly when the next kick hits, though I don't know how I would go about doing that. Does anyone have any other ideas? :)

Sidechain, or automate the volume of the reverb send.

Back
Top Bottom