How to create this fat bass sounds

ARTFX

Artist, sound designer and tutor
VIP Junglist

I really want to know how to make this bass sounds.
I think its a reese, but still there are some effects on it that make it sounds the way it is.

And that's what I want to achieve, so anyone has an idea?

Last edited by a moderator:
resampling man... same method as noisia and spor, i cant do it for the life of me. but your basically asking for noisia bass which has been done 2,153 times on the internets before!!

i wanted to know this too, it comes as a preset in albino3 called dirty stick under noisia presets. And as sam the dnb man said it cross fades between two sounds. If i remember correctly all it was was a generic saw wave that has a more jagged saw wave in symmetry that you bring in and out of the sound with the modulation wheel. If you download the albino 3 demo, you can have a look. Also it is a sick synth, worth trying :)

Here is where you can download a demo :D

http://www.robpapen.com/albino3-demo.html

Last edited:
Surely these sounds can be achieved within the synths themselves nowadays, obviously with a bit of careful effect processing and automation. I thought resampling was just used back in the day due to limited effect processing and CPU...
I've tried many a time to resample a bass sound and never got anywhere near the standards of todays snarling neuro bass, I always find you have less control over the sound once it's been bounced down to audio.
Maybe I'm just doing something wrong... Thing is, everyone says resample, but then what? Filter cuttoffs? More distortion? Flange? Meh...

Back
Top Bottom