How to clear a dance floor within seconds

Blurr

Wasted Selection
VIP Junglist
Saw one half of Brookes Brothers last night, fuckin stompin set, really impressed with the selction, brazil & time warp went down a treat

anyway, they were on 12 till 1 and then the residents usually jus have a b2b rinseout for the last hour
sadly tho the first dj of the night went on straight after brookes brothers finished and dropped a house tune & killed it the vibe completely, so we went home for a smoke

fair enough i was enjoying his set when i got there but no, jus no!

I hate House.......Was it funky?

Hairdresser's music m8.

fucking Hairdressers.

na i dont thin it was funky, i dont really know house, i stear clear of it
it was as if theyd stolen the bass from dnb for the melody, it was good as house goes but it was jus a morally wrong decision

I've got a friend who excels at killing floors. He's a better technical dj then me but he has no fucking idea what to do with a floor.

Last time he was playing, he came on after a hiphop crew who were singing to all their mates. Floor was packed, plenty of fun. I told him - drop some Freestylers or ragga breaks, keep the bad man vocals in. So he dropped some fucking break house crap and bham two seconds, floor empty. Took him two hours to build it up again. He could have transitioned over half an hour, but no, he dropped his crap because he thinks its a cool tune. Well, it might be BUT for him, not for his floor. Not for his floor at that time. Maybe after a while.

Happens all too often.

Me, I love to take an empty floor after a dj who mixes perfectly and fill it with one or two songs. That's djing skill IMO. Even though I'm pretty naff at the technical side nowadays what with not having time to practise.

Haha yeah Brookes Bros are sick. Dan mixes in Timewarp/Brazil wicked. Did he do his InsideInfo - Skyhook mix into Danny Byrd - Weird Science? SICKNESS! (y)

Back
Top Bottom