HOW TO BASSLINE Thread

Still wondering what's behind those gritty fat basslines, i'm somehow unable to find it out myself

Not that I'm a pro with sounddesign, but it always sounded like a reese to me.
And recently a friend sent me a massive patch (not sure if you use massive though) and instead of squares, he used the wavetable 'kangaroo'. That sounds not too far off too

i like to use massive's soft square wave and put it through slight distortion, low end EQing, and an amp effect (with like 60 percent dryness) and that sounds nice.

this specific type of huge thwomp bass ive been trying to recreate for ever. if anyone can give me tips about how he creates this amazing sound unlike any other thwomp basses

I thought before i start a new thread about sub basses i would rather ask in this thread about something i've been trying to figure out lately. So typical jungle influenced tunes have those moving sub basslines and it sounds like all they did is, detuning 2 sine(triangles) like you would create a simple reece sound. The more detune the more more & faster wubs.

I kind of really like that sound but does 2 detuned sine waves really do a good job as a solid sub bass?

Typical example:

Can anyone tell me what Kove does in this awesome track with his bass? (starting at 1:05). I feel like there is hundreds of videos on reese bass and stuff like that, but how do I make a deep rolling bass like Kove does? Is this just a distorted sine with lfo on? How does he make it sound so fucking rich? When the track "drops" it feels like a huge wave of sound hitting me on every frequency. When I play a sub bass and a second sine wave one octave above that it doesn't sound anything like it, way weaker...

Can anyone help me out? :)

Mate if you find out, do share! that bass is bliss, that's the type of bass i'd like to produce. My type of dnb.

Anyone give me a hand with how to make such a bass (0:55) as this:
Its got such a tight sound to it I would love to know how
Cheers

Anyone have a hint as to whats going on with the sub/low-mid bass line on Stepped outside?

What I know is that its similar to the classic bass line in Logistics - Together. Its probably two detuned waves. Its probably one low note that has been resampled which creates the different speeds at which is oscillates.

been trying with different wave forms from a bunch of different synths, just can't get the sound.

Anyone have a hint as to whats going on with the sub/low-mid bass line on Stepped outside?

What I know is that its similar to the classic bass line in Logistics - Together. Its probably two detuned waves. Its probably one low note that has been resampled which creates the different speeds at which is oscillates.

been trying with different wave forms from a bunch of different synths, just can't get the sound.
One pure sine sub and two sines detuned one octave above gives you 85% of the way there. You don't need to resample, the detuning will naturally create a wobble that changes speed

Back
Top Bottom