HOW TO BASSLINE Thread

Re: DIRTY BASSLINES EXCHANGE THREAD + HOW2!

I never absolutely acclimated the scream filter, or the accretion waves, i managed to accomplish some absolutely arresting sub bass sounds, deceit absolutely acquaint how acceptable it is as im still application headphones! Cheers for that tho i admired that third babble absolutely nice, for just one oscillator! safe!

This thread started with the best of intentions and then some people being helpful by listening to requests on de assembling bass sounds...Now its just a post by post frenzy of how do i rip this off...

HINT...Likelyness is if you are asking how to make a sound now you will probably quit producing in the not too near distant future. All noises are a mix of saw,tri,sine and square waves, when you effect you alter the waves, you detune then and you create interesting phasing, you filter to remove and you distort to introduce impurity.

STOP JUST STOP, turn on 2 or 3 oscilators, detune, effect and fuck about till you get something you like. these guys you are trying to emulate are doing nothing more than anyone else they have just perfected the steps over time and understand the theory and signal chain...there is no secrets in dnb its just persiverance and fine tuning.

its all about making your own synths and actually improving, instead of rinsing other peoples efforts and passing them off as your own

its all about making your own synths and actually improving, instead of rinsing other peoples efforts and passing them off as your own

Amen, follow tutorials and spend time toying with your daw and synth of choice, and all will become clear to you :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

The point is that one is to learn the trade. What works, what doesn't work. Then once you got a dope sound in your plugin then save that sound to take the exploration from it. I may sound rude when I say this, but there is no easy way to get your own sound. It comes after decades of hard and long working days, and tons upon tons of effort put into your sound. It is the only way to go. Don't get discouraged now. Because even with 2 detuned saws, a chorus, and a distortion can some really dope sounds be made. Change one wave to a square, and apply some PWM lfo to it to phatten up the sound even further. Add another lfo to the saw wave to broaden it further... Just experiment with what you got, and you'll most likely get some good stuff going.

Its limitless....By that I mean you can take a sound/noise/sample in the most elaborate journey through all sorts of plugins etc and create something truly unique and hard to imitate or in the same respect you can spend 5mins clicking a few choice knobs and with the correct eq'ing create something that is just as unique and hard to imitate with less effort and time put in.
Its a bit of luck mixed in with experimentation.
Ive lost a lot of old flp's in the past and if I wanted to recreate a bass I made years ago ill still find that a difficult task to achieve and will never get it spot on!
So the point im trying to make is all these 'how do i make this bass' question's, sometimes, not even the producer themselves can explain it exactly......(unless its really simple of course) So make sure when you got something good to save your settings! :S

@ARTFX: The bass's sound awesome and your mixdown is quite good, I'm impressed!

Here's a bass I made today, feedback appreciated: http://soundcloud.com/harha/neurofunk-bass-test

I'm quite new to DnB myself, only produced 1 track before which you can listen to on my soundcloud too. Anyways, I fell in love with neurofunk a couple weeks ago and I'm currently working on my very first neurofunk track.

Last edited:

doe anyone know hot to get that bassline in this song...sounds like some sort of resonance within the bass, maybe separated it to diff track...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGuTcCOwxwM

Also i know this is a well simple bass line but i cant seem to get something as mid punchy and bouncy as this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKmfr3AqxqY

---------- Post added at 17:04 ---------- Previous post was at 16:18 ----------

also been tryin to recreate these sort of noises...the metalicky ones mainly cant get that metal sound, can get everything else apart from the main metaly sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5miQs_loA0&feature=related

Rob Papen sub boom bass preset RnB smooth bass with some glide in the midi - massive triplets lfo at a low pitch. Blame does it best. Be well...

anyone know how ti make them sort of metalicy sounding synths like in alpha pleasure and heist tracks, i knw its a simple noise but i jus cant get it, and cheers, equilibrium i shall try that out

---------- Post added at 02:35 ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 ----------

Rob Papen sub boom bass preset RnB smooth bass with some glide in the midi - massive triplets lfo at a low pitch. Blame does it best. Be well...

this isnt a standard preset with albino is it, where cani find it,

---------- Post added at 02:36 ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 ----------

o and i promise once i have a few more synths i made and are bored of the ones im using a lot ill post way to make them so they dont sound identical to mine...infact ill do it in next few days for u all. if u check my tracks on my soundcloud or in my signature and ask me about the sounds ill be more than happy to explain how i got that sound.

trololol at me talking about hardware and pretending to know what the hell I was talking about.

Here's some simple basslines I've stumbled across on, yes the microkorg. Have a sawtooth set to -12 (octave lower) with a ringmodulator on, and a sinewave. It sounds like deadmau5 if you play some low notes.
Do the same but add a resonant notchfilter with an lfo and play even lower notes and you get borgore bass
smash your synth to pieces and you get skrillex wank bass
If anyone would like a sample from c1 to c2 of any of these or an example let meh knows, and I also have some hazard style basses but I don't know how I should go about with a tutorial, youtube or mediafire or what?

After messing around in massive for a while, I figured out how to get some really smooth lfo speed changes.

Make two sine wave oscillators, turn on FX Tele tube, put 100% wet and 100% drive
-in the voicing tab, check monophon and for trigger legato
- on the second sine wave, change the pitch to something like 2.39
-under OSC tab, turn glide up to something like 3/4ths

now just press and hold one note and press another! adjust the pitch for oscillation speed and the glide time for how
fast you want the lfo rate to change..

you could do this in any synth really, because your just having phase cancellation which
gets faster at higher frequencies .. but adjusted right can sound really good!

---------- Post added at 20:34 ---------- Previous post was at 20:29 ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdOoWambUBs

firstly i no this is dubstep and i also no the bass is fairly simple but its oh so fucking sweet. How would one go about making this? please!

sounds like the plysaw massive preset with a layered sine for sub. then on the drop its some other preset with distortion and an lfo adjusting either frequency or volume..

my favorite trick is putting peaking filters in the sub region then clipping, its nasty but you can get kazoo like reeses with it... killer ones.

Back
Top Bottom