how to assign LFO's in MASSIVE????

Dj_Kritikool

using massive at the moment and when i get a sound i like, i cant assign it to an LFO

can any1 help? i may be wording this wrong but basically the LFO option on massive make no difference to the sound im creating

is there a certain way of selecting it???

thanks

ave a look through the production threads mate i'm sure there'll b sumink in there unless some1 has al ink to 1?

ok to make a LFO work, you need a low pass filter set up.

to make ur sine wobble etc, make ur required noise, add in lpf (up the top off massive in the middle), then assign ur lfo to ur low pass filter cutoff. job done.

I hate Massive.... huge sound, lots of possibilities... too bad it rapes the CPU unnecessarily.

To answer your question though... I think you simply assign those #s from whatever mod you want to assign to whatever section you want the mod applied. If you want the lfo (say it's #5) to be applied to the filter cutoff (and it's #3), then I guess, just make sure there's a #5 somewhere in one of the filter cutoffs' boxes.

Lol, I've barely messed around with Massive tbh... the couple times I've pulled it out, all I did was load up a stock patch and mess with some basic stuff... the only mod I've done on it was by accident, lol.

kk no worries lol

thanks both of u, i will spend more time on it when i get a chance, but thats made it a bit clearer

havent used it that much but thought id ask before i get annoyed with it and end up doin things totally wrong lol

nice 1

versus other synths NI have pretty good manual answering every question. At least u have to take a look at massive big strengths like sidechaining modulation and filter mix/routing

I hate Massive.... huge sound, lots of possibilities... too bad it rapes the CPU unnecessarily.

To answer your question though... I think you simply assign those #s from whatever mod you want to assign to whatever section you want the mod applied. If you want the lfo (say it's #5) to be applied to the filter cutoff (and it's #3), then I guess, just make sure there's a #5 somewhere in one of the filter cutoffs' boxes.

Lol, I've barely messed around with Massive tbh... the couple times I've pulled it out, all I did was load up a stock patch and mess with some basic stuff... the only mod I've done on it was by accident, lol.

I run it through logic with 4gb ram and i can have about 6-7 going at once with out the need to bounce tracks :D

I run it through logic with 4gb ram and i can have about 6-7 going at once with out the need to bounce tracks :D

I'm on an older build.... an AMD 3.0 (2 GBs of ram) XP SP2 running Massive in Cubase SE 1.07... I know, 'old old stuff', but still...

I can run 10+ instances of Absynth 3, Chameleon, among others with no problems and Massive is a buggy pile of garbage imo.

That piece of shit has corrupted on me twice, where I had to completely reload the synth and loose the tweaked patch I'd created.

It's a brilliant sounding synth, but for the headache and cpu usage, I hardly ever pull it up.

Imo, it's poor programming, but in all honesty, I've never even looked for a patch, lol. I've got enough hardware and softsynths that I never even cared enough to mess with it.

Have you patched Massive since you bought it?

I'm on an older build.... an AMD 3.0 (2 GBs of ram) XP SP2 running Massive in Cubase SE 1.07... I know, 'old old stuff', but still...

I can run 10+ instances of Absynth 3, Chameleon, among others with no problems and Massive is a buggy pile of garbage imo.

That piece of shit has corrupted on me twice, where I had to completely reload the synth and loose the tweaked patch I'd created.

It's a brilliant sounding synth, but for the headache and cpu usage, I hardly ever pull it up.

Imo, it's poor programming, but in all honesty, I've never even looked for a patch, lol. I've got enough hardware and softsynths that I never even cared enough to mess with it.

Have you patched Massive since you bought it?

never had a problem with massive...
and if you make the sound in massive and actualy save the preset u wont loose things :P

massivetute.JPG

does this help?

never had a problem with massive...
and if you make the sound in massive and actualy save the preset u wont loose things :P

I'll try saving the preset from now on.... I think I did that once, and it still loaded all messed up.

badass synth, wish it would show my old machine some love, lol

Back
Top Bottom