How to activate/de-activate plugins (Logic)

Discussion in 'Production' started by jack2290, Apr 21, 2013.

1. jack2290

jack2290 Member

Issue i'm having is that i have an auto filter effect, but i only want it on the last bar of a region. So i want most of the region to play as if there was no filter, then for it to kick in on the last bar. There must be a way of doing this, i just can't figure out how!!

2. Dugg Funnie

Dugg Funnie Well-Known Member

What DAW? Can you automate the on/off value off the filter itself? Or is there a dry/wet knob you could automate?

3. fractal

fractal Well-Known Member

autofilter has a dry/wet knob u can automate. or u could bus the sound to an autofilter and automate the send. not completely sure what u mean

4. Prideinyouride

Prideinyouride Member

Or turn the automation onto latch, play the sound and un-bypass the plugin when you want it to play. Then turn the automation back to read once its as you want it.

5. jack2290

jack2290 Member

Cheers guys i'l try what you said and see if it works. @fractal i've got an midi audio region of a bassline. I want just the last one or 2 bars to use a wobbly filter effect, right now i can only get it to work on the whole region

6. msmith222

msmith222 redbeard

duplicate the track, cut the part you want to be filtered into a new region, and drag it to the new track. add filter.

7. fractal

fractal Well-Known Member

theres an easier way...somewhere in options its like move track automation to region or vice versa, then you can have a midi region with automation that u can loop or whatever. havent been on logic for a while but its definitely there found it really useful once u get used to it aswell

- - - Updated - - -

[​IMG]

just re-read your post, theres a 'mix' setting on autofilter isnt there? either that or dry/wet. you should be able to automate it from 0% to 100%(or whatever %) on the last bar.
    ACTUALLY, on autofilter i think its best to automate the cutoff mod. for the lfo (or envelope) at 0% the filter should do nothing then u can automate it to what u want for the last bar.

sorry if this isnt the problem u have :teeth:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  8. jack2290

jack2290 Member

Nice one that worked, i just automated the cuttoff mod for the last bar, worked fine.