How to activate/de-activate plugins (Logic)

jack2290

Issue i'm having is that i have an auto filter effect, but i only want it on the last bar of a region. So i want most of the region to play as if there was no filter, then for it to kick in on the last bar. There must be a way of doing this, i just can't figure out how!!

What DAW? Can you automate the on/off value off the filter itself? Or is there a dry/wet knob you could automate?

autofilter has a dry/wet knob u can automate. or u could bus the sound to an autofilter and automate the send. not completely sure what u mean

Or turn the automation onto latch, play the sound and un-bypass the plugin when you want it to play. Then turn the automation back to read once its as you want it.

Cheers guys i'l try what you said and see if it works. @fractal i've got an midi audio region of a bassline. I want just the last one or 2 bars to use a wobbly filter effect, right now i can only get it to work on the whole region

theres an easier way...somewhere in options its like move track automation to region or vice versa, then you can have a midi region with automation that u can loop or whatever. havent been on logic for a while but its definitely there found it really useful once u get used to it aswell

- - - Updated - - -

moveAll.jpg

just re-read your post, theres a 'mix' setting on autofilter isnt there? either that or dry/wet. you should be able to automate it from 0% to 100%(or whatever %) on the last bar.
ACTUALLY, on autofilter i think its best to automate the cutoff mod. for the lfo (or envelope) at 0% the filter should do nothing then u can automate it to what u want for the last bar.

sorry if this isnt the problem u have :teeth:

Last edited:
theres an easier way...somewhere in options its like move track automation to region or vice versa, then you can have a midi region with automation that u can loop or whatever. havent been on logic for a while but its definitely there found it really useful once u get used to it aswell

- - - Updated - - -

moveAll.jpg

just re-read your post, theres a 'mix' setting on autofilter isnt there? either that or dry/wet. you should be able to automate it from 0% to 100%(or whatever %) on the last bar.
ACTUALLY, on autofilter i think its best to automate the cutoff mod. for the lfo (or envelope) at 0% the filter should do nothing then u can automate it to what u want for the last bar.

sorry if this isnt the problem u have :teeth:

Nice one that worked, i just automated the cuttoff mod for the last bar, worked fine.

Back
Top Bottom