DnB How to achieve the Food Fight bassline by DJ Hazard

LOUISG

Hey, Yeah basically I was wondering if anyone knew or could point me in the direction of achieve the sound at the drop of this song. I've tried various Formant filtering and use of vowel frequency filtering with downsampling but it all just sounds like that generic dubstep vocal wobble and not this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtRdjQA2W70

thanks in advance,

Louis

ill be honest, the man would very likely have used alot of hardware to end up with that sound. the closest you will get is the dubstep yoy sound. then you'll need to do a hell of alot of processing with various vst effects before u end up with anything remotely similar.

In reason malstrom has an index slide. When you put the osc on throat you can hit various vowel sounds and make various words and work like basses.

proteus has a more badass bassline, first hazard tune worth buying ;)

selector, talk like a girl, w5, gun fingers, busta move, machete, killers dont die the list of amazin tunes could go on and on, the guy is a pioneer within the dnb scene, u cant tell me that proteus is the only tune of his u like.....

you'd need to be Hazard and he's already done it so make your own sound

i like a few (two before i heard this one so now three) of his jump up tunes, his best work for me was back on 3d mode records and i like proteus cos its a really classical dnb sound.

danwell the energy you put into writing that comment wouldve been better spent with you sitting on your hands trying to kick yourself in the kidneys.

I actually spent a waste of time trying to make something similar and it soon became apparant why he is Hazard and I am disappoint.

I didn't even get to generic dubstep wobble, I only got as far as ghey. That high end air that brings the harmonics to life, it's like a fart in the mist.

if i seriously had to guess id say its that raspy wavetable bass loadstar and the like always uses (that you can get with granualizing stuff apparently) with a vowel filter of some kind on the upper layer. vowel filter like dubstep yoi or emus vowel filter like you said, or, the first thing that struck me, a vocoder, such as on the alesis air fx

Last edited:
Not being funny but imho I recon Hazard is up there as one of the best producers of all time. He's CONSTANTLY re-inventing the wheel in terms of sound design. He pioneeers the Jump Up genre. He'll make a track that is still jump up but sound NOTHING like any of the typical jump up stuff. Original Sin/Taxman/Heist/Sub Zero/Pleasure/Harvest/Northern Lights... they're all jump up but in ne way or another, their tunes will still all sound RELATIVELY similar. Hazard breaks boundaries. None of his tunes could be described as 'Generic Jump Up.'

Also... wasnt he the first Producer to start on the whole "Drumstep" thing with 'Tactix' and 'Wicked So?'

Whatever... he will always be one of my favourite producers.

Not being funny but imho I recon Hazard is up there as one of the best producers of all time. He's CONSTANTLY re-inventing the wheel in terms of sound design. He pioneeers the Jump Up genre. He'll make a track that is still jump up but sound NOTHING like any of the typical jump up stuff. Original Sin/Taxman/Heist/Sub Zero/Pleasure/Harvest/Northern Lights... they're all jump up but in ne way or another, their tunes will still all sound RELATIVELY similar. Hazard breaks boundaries. None of his tunes could be described as 'Generic Jump Up.'

Also... wasnt he the first Producer to start on the whole "Drumstep" thing with 'Tactix' and 'Wicked So?'

Whatever... he will always be one of my favourite producers.

common mistake but taktix isnt actually halftime hehe ;) i think there was a lot of halftime dnb before wicked so however as far as i know it was only known as "drumstep" following its release.

I guess its just my tastes, im not saying he didnt pioneer, just that his tunes are shithouse. bwa bwa bwa bwo bwo bwo bwo gagagagagag bwaa bwaa bwaa etc etc

Im just a jumpup hater dont listen to me. Proteus proves hes obviously a great producer cause its tight as. huge bassline. I just think jumpup is a major fail IMO IMO
;)

THIS THREAD IS NOW A HAZARD THREAD. That's the power of hazard.

Look at him in the studio, it's basically all outboard gear. He probably started out with some oldskool synth like a moog and did a vowel filter, into some sort of distortion.

I guess its just my tastes, im not saying he didnt pioneer, just that his tunes are shithouse. bwa bwa bwa bwo bwo bwo bwo gagagagagag bwaa bwaa bwaa etc etc

Im just a jumpup hater dont listen to me. Proteus proves hes obviously a great producer cause its tight as. huge bassline. I just think jumpup is a major fail IMO IMO
;)

Im sorry:) U are wrong:)

Back
Top Bottom