DnB How to achieve the Food Fight bassline by DJ Hazard

I guess its just my tastes, im not saying he didnt pioneer, just that his tunes are shithouse. bwa bwa bwa bwo bwo bwo bwo gagagagagag bwaa bwaa bwaa etc etc

Im just a jumpup hater dont listen to me. Proteus proves hes obviously a great producer cause its tight as. huge bassline. I just think jumpup is a major fail IMO IMO
;)

dude i come from your side of the dnb spectrum and i have to admit hazard is one of the top producers of the genre, hes released alot of stereotypical jump up but some of the stuff he puts out just puts everyone to shame. but yeah bro you are wrong on this topic hahaha

---------- Post added at 15:26 ---------- Previous post was at 15:23 ----------

i like ones like this

Last edited by a moderator:
I was listening to this tune a bit earlier and I think that it's entirely possible that he's processing the speech sample from the beginning. That or an old Speak & Spell as it has a very lofi speech-type sound and the bass sound very very similar to the sample. Although this is just an idea, but more than likely the bass of the sound is a bitcrushed filter sweep or something.

To be honest I wouldn't even call Hazard a jump up artist. He has developed his own sound which people have tried to emulate but have failed.
You can always tell when its a Hazard tune, not because they all sound the same because they don't. Its because his production his unique, its very gritty.
He used a Hardware based set up and just uses Logic as a sequencer apparently.

I think his signal chain is probably very unique.

What he does is spends hours and hours developing and creating new sounds and techniques. I think that is the best way to go.
Fuck what everyone else is doing, don't try and recreate what someone else has already done. Put the hours in, create something new.
You will feel a greater sense of achievement if you create something different rather than emulating something that has already been made.

One thing to do is don't listen to any D&B when creating D&B.

good rant ^

you can hear all over the single his use of hardware. deffo overdriving mixer inputs and filtering to taste. proteus is a monster bassline, similar to recent fracture and neptune in its glory.
even though im a hater of jumpup i can appreciate his production ethics, would love to hear the beats he never releases

Back
Top Bottom