How popular is teh wobble?

feeniks

Where im from, not many spin drum & bass, even less spin jump up/wobble/clown (whatever u wanna call it). and its the same throughout the entire USA except for California.. they have a small following in LA.

What I wonder is... Is it the same throughtout the globe?

Does everyone else hate jump up but me and a few who i see posting up mixes?

Cuz i think that shit is GANGSTA!!!! I dont know how others would not like jump up... its fun, its funky, and it makes you move (or atleast to me it does)

your opinion?

wobble_wobble.gif

cant really genralise, tend to lean towards neurofunk, but i just feel a tune with several bars, dont matter if its jump up, breaks, dubstep, hip hop

just does it, or dont

being gangsta doent really come into it

ive near liked the names the genre gets its straight 'dancefloor' to me, party music. intended to get you :jackson:
although i love the other styles jump up is the original sound to me.

Jump up sells the most bar none.. its v.popular

Like anything GOOD jump up is great.. but there is soooooooo much fucking copycat shite out there its unreal.. trust me

i think the wobble sound (g dub/original sin, hazard, taxman etc.) is getting overused and is becoming far too popular amoung the mindless population
dont get me wrong, even i like it at a rave cos its good fun but in my opinion i just dont see much talent in it
sorry if i offend anyone, thats only my opinion

More Wobble = More Gangster

People on the internet moan about it being kiddies music, and yeah some stuff is a bit too extreme for me...but it smashes the raves everytime so I think it deserves to be shifting units

More Wobble = More Gangster

People on the internet moan about it being kiddies music, and yeah some stuff is a bit too extreme for me...but it smashes the raves everytime so I think it deserves to be shifting units

:word: Word this shit up

Totally agree, some can be a bit OTT, but most of it owns :D

to be honest, i like dnb across the board, and i try to display that when i'm mixing whether it be on radio, live or at home. i just like trying to cram as much in from the spectrum as i can. because it's how i like it.

jump is good for what it is, and when you're out nothing makes you get up any harder than some good wobble.

but as lokki said, it's only good when it's done right. and there are too many emerging copycats comming out. takes something special to break through and raise the game.

i go like some proper wobble though. i might do a wibble wobble jelly on a page type mix soon or something.

Well I'm really into tech more than any other sub-genre in dnb, but yeah I do listen to wobble also. It's fun, simply as that. It's the kind of shit that gets people moving on the dancefloor.

Does everyone else hate jump up but me and a few who i see posting up mixes?

Dude, what I know about this forum and the whole scene in dnb jump-up is the most popular sub-genre around atm. There's hardly any soldiers around anymore if you know what I mean.

all music tends to all my needs. was listening to some 60's muddy waters last night with my 'homies' (lol) was pretty funky!

then i put on a current valve mix and my head exploded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i like d&b as a whole, theres a sub genre for every mood. jump up is my favourite cos its dancable, makes you smile when you put the needle on the vinyl and i produce it so i'd have to be a jump up head.

i like d&b as a whole, theres a sub genre for every mood. jump up is my favourite cos its dancable, makes you smile when you put the needle on the vinyl and i produce it so i'd have to be a jump up head.

:word:

I love all D&B, but Jump-Up does make me get up and jump around, hence the name Jump-Up lol

Back
Top Bottom