How much..

there was already a thread on this some where in the general section i think.

from what i remember he don't make much.

Yeah there was a thread on this a will back - I wrote a really long and detailed answer, can't be arsed to do the whole thing again...

Here's the jist of it - Big smasher of a tune might sell 7000, something like Machete or Timewarp or summat - the producer gets about 10% to 15% of the price paid for it, the rest goes to the label, the design, cutting house, distributer, couple of unions, and then finally the retailer who you bough the record from....

Net profit for the producer assuming they are on a 10% deal would be just over 4 grand - not much considering this would be a big, big tune. You'd need to do at least 5 of them a year to even make a living wage - which lets face it, no producer can do more than 5 massive tunes a year, if that!

DJ'ing, now that's a different kettle of fish you can make £1000 an hour at that, even if you're just fairly well known - considering that you can do several gigs a night, particularly on the weekend, not to mention the weeknight stuff you can fit in too, you can make more in a night than you would from releasing a big tune...

No wonder most producers get out on the road and start gigging as soon as they get known eh!

Yeah there was a thread on this a will back - I wrote a really long and detailed answer, can't be arsed to do the whole thing again...

Here's the jist of it - Big smasher of a tune might sell 7000, something like Machete or Timewarp or summat - the producer gets about 10% to 15% of the price paid for it, the rest goes to the label, the design, cutting house, distributer, couple of unions, and then finally the retailer who you bough the record from....

Net profit for the producer assuming they are on a 10% deal would be just over 4 grand - not much considering this would be a big, big tune. You'd need to do at least 5 of them a year to even make a living wage - which lets face it, no producer can do more than 5 massive tunes a year, if that!

DJ'ing, now that's a different kettle of fish you can make £1000 an hour at that, even if you're just fairly well known - considering that you can do several gigs a night, particularly on the weekend, not to mention the weeknight stuff you can fit in too, you can make more in a night than you would from releasing a big tune...

No wonder most producers get out on the road and start gigging as soon as they get known eh!

£1000??? hahaha! Dont know who you've been hiring but most DJs are around £300-800 at the most. Obviously some ask for more.. ie... Andy C.... High Contrast.... Pendulum... etc....

So if DJs like Taxman, G-Dub etc.. are charging you £1000 then your getting seriously ripped! Agencys like trying there luck with people! SO BE CAREFULL!!!!

£1000??? hahaha! Dont know who you've been hiring but most DJs are around £300-800 at the most. Obviously some ask for more.. ie... Andy C.... High Contrast.... Pendulum... etc....

So if DJs like Taxman, G-Dub etc.. are charging you £1000 then your getting seriously ripped! Agencys like trying there luck with people! SO BE CAREFULL!!!!

Yeah I'm talkin about top level DJ's here - that's why I said CAN make, not just make...

If you're someone like Andy C you can get up to around that for playing an hour somewhere...

Clearly less premium DJ's command less of a fee (I'm lucky if I get £100!) so are much cheaper.

Personally, I don't put on nights, I aint no promoter, just a DJ, but good to warn people as I've heard agencies can be proper nightmares

Yeah I'm talkin about top level DJ's here - that's why I said CAN make, not just make...

If you're someone like Andy C you can get up to around that for playing an hour somewhere...

Clearly less premium DJ's command less of a fee (I'm lucky if I get £100!) so are much cheaper.

Personally, I don't put on nights, I aint no promoter, just a DJ, but good to warn people as I've heard agencies can be proper nightmares

Yeh!! trust me Agencies are a first time promoters nightmare!! they often over charge people that dont really know what they are doing.
Yeh i or should i say we (The Mutant DJs) usually charge anywhere between £300-£600 for a set with all three of us. Agency usually give us about £100-£150 each.

If any of you want want to book anyone from the agency im with..... QC Artist Management... then just give me a shout..... ill get you a good deal. We wont rip you off like Urban or Unique agencies.....

Back
Top Bottom