how much!!!!!?

lokki

JUNGLIST FROM DEYA
VIP Junglist
How much does it cost to put on a night in say......eq . I have wanted to put on a night for a while but unfortunately being a fuckin student scrounging cunt i cant afford it ... i was wonderin thougn how much it would cost for say a dj as big as die to play at eq(although i really am sick of the fuckin sound) plus say ....eksman. this isnt what im planning but its roughly the same level.

ps
anyone heard that FTD is gonna be back and at the tangerine sweet..dont wanna start any rumours that arnt true as this could very well turn out to be untrue.

FDT returning will be pretty sweet in the Tangerine Suite the only thing that was bad about that night was the shitty venue had some good nights down there !!!!:slayer:

I reckon about £300ish (for EQ), but I base that price on nothing at all.

DJ Die or alike, about £400/£500

I'll DJ for free btw, a cash bonus is always nice though ;)

I can DJ for free.

Everyone will love my anthem bashing clashing. I give JJF a run in for his money.

:crazy:

i was told it was £200 for EQ....... my mate said he is gonna be doin one in feb down there.... dunno bought what names he reckons he get though.....

but lokki, if ur thinkin of doin it... don't go for the cheap option and get subway. cos everyone in there right mind wouldn't go near that place...
you could always double up with the lap dancers at the back though.. would make a nice combo for the lads!

Originally posted by WARDY
i was told it was £200 for EQ....... my mate said he is gonna be doin one in feb down there.... dunno bought what names he reckons he get though.....

but lokki, if ur thinkin of doin it... don't go for the cheap option and get subway. cos everyone in there right mind wouldn't go near that place...
you could always double up with the lap dancers at the back though.. would make a nice combo for the lads!

Yeah, I reckon between £200-£300! Does ya mate need a disc jockey? I can play 80s disco anthems or up front drum and bass! Breakneck inside the riiiiide! Could pull the old Vurt/Breakneck M-code/SDM B2B "Special Attack Sequence (aka SAS)" again.

Lokki, Wardy is completly right though, DO NOT go for the Subway, its very poor show in there, hate that place, YUCK! =/

Id also be up for the lap dancer crew inside the venue, would certainly make me smile (which isnt very often ;))

dont worry mans..there is no fuckin way i would get the subway i fuckin hate that venue .. my flat would be better trust.

i was looking to do a night that wasnt really darkside but also wasnt a night of 500 playtime rewinds and twist em out rmx's if you no what i mean...i wanna do a night that can reflect some diversity and not be ruled by anthems.....
DIVERSITY......thats a good name for a night innit.

any one think of a venue that hasnt been used before?

Originally posted by lokki
dont worry mans..there is no fuckin way i would get the subway i fuckin hate that venue .. my flat would be better trust.

i was looking to do a night that wasnt really darkside but also wasnt a night of 500 playtime rewinds and twist em out rmx's if you no what i mean...i wanna do a night that can reflect some diversity and not be ruled by anthems.....

any one think of a venue that hasnt been used before?

I cant, I think most venues in Portsmouth have been done. I think EQ is a good choice mate, I like the club!

The problem with playing a "different" style of DNB, is that there isnt enough "heads" in Portsmouth to enjoy it. A lot of the people that attend events like Vurt are students simply looking for a good time out, and Vurt supplies with a good venue, headliners that play the anthems, and a wicked atmosphere!

I have tried playing sets of just choons I like before (mainly Loxy, Ink, Tech Itch style production), and it moves people away from the floor, as soon as you put "Ska" or "Shake Ur Body", they get up and dance again.

Funny eh!

Originally posted by ZESTIE
I can DJ for free.

Everyone will love my anthem bashing clashing. I give JJF a run in for his money.

:crazy:

iw ish he played for that in Canada . haha i know for a fact (cause i tried to book him) for a weekday(not a friday or sat) its $2500 cdn plus flight hotels etc. which woudl work to around $4500 cdn. so a lil over 2000 pounds all togther

what i rekon we need more of down ere, is old skool. ya know - '92-94 hardcore and '95 jungle.........

portsmouth is seriously lacking it.
i still reckon that ressurection was one of the best nights i have had, even though i don't remember it..... and other than that there was thsat OAP and about two more dotted around...

eq used to be just under £700 in vurt days (on a weekend of course, weeknights are MUCH cheaper & easier to book)
die is on coda so i doubt you'll get him much under £650 (coda=$$$)
ecsman i reckon round £250-£300
flyers round £200
...at a guess

The problem with playing a "different" style of DNB, is that there isnt enough "heads

agree with you there matey bit of an arse really but I would turn up either way !!!!! And thats all you need :D
for a good night. but not the Subway Its like raving in somebody elses ARMPITS

NOT NICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Originally posted by lokki

Nice one - need more nights like this UK wide

What about Diversify though - sounds better IMO

Back
Top Bottom