How much time are u spending on producing?

its a full time thing if u want to make it into a profession. put it that way!! i dont spend nearly enough time producing as i would like to.. i just changed my last post coz i dont even produce anything some days if i feel crappy. somedays its good just to spend a half hour or so touching stuff up, somedays its good to just sit in the studio aaall day, but i only get those days like once every week/2 weeks

---------- Post added at 15:47 ---------- Previous post was at 15:45 ----------

really? you were just starting to get somewhere with your beats dude??

yeah just been so busy mate with college and work not found the time and have been out the loop for so long combine that with my computer being slow lost all motivation!!!
i do plan on getting back into it when i got some more spare time

My typical day is to wake up at 4:30am, start work at 6am, finish work at 6/7pm, get home around 8:30pm... Then I have to eat and shower, and repeat that process until saturday.. sunday being my only day off. Unless I get lucky like today and get given a day off during the week.

On my day off, asides from doing the basic tasks you need to do in order to live your life properly, Ill produce almost non stop, with the only break being for a ciggy or to watch a football match.

I would say 5-15 hours a week, but its hard to get a flow going when you dont have time to turn on your PC 4 days on the trot.

my computer being slow lost all motivation!!!

Know how you feel man. When i was makin tunes on my laptop i used to get so fed up with it being so slow. Dunno what your laptops like but it might just need to be wiped clean..

With a job and a bitch its hard to find any time to make tunes atm also been getting into my tv series which is sucking up valuable production time.

And as of late every time i open up fruity all i keep doing is going back to old unfinished tunes tweaking a bit then getting bored, move on to the next old tune, repeat the process till im sick of it......then go back to watching series or films.

I find if i approach something with an idea i don't get anywhere where as if i just sit and start making things that sound good i end up with something worth saving.

Saying that I cant make dnb atm its just pissin me off, ive been on the idm tip recently just experimenting with different melodies and bpms.

Dnb is too restricted and i find all im doing is subliminally copying a shit load of ideas which to me isnt being creative.

Maybe fuckin about with different bpm tunes and shit might get me inspired again.

oh and yea to answer the question lol i could be on it for 10mins or the whole day depends on what im doing, on average all our 'finished' tunes have been made in roughly 2-4hours and then tweaked for weeks (hour or 2 a day) untill perfected/no longer tolerated.

For eg, our tune butterfly effect was made in a day, roughly 6hrs and tweaked for a day or 2 untill we were fed up and thought there is nothing more we can do without ruining it.

Heres some advice just dont waste time trying to get it how u want it, just quickly fuck around untill it sounds 'kool' and then move on, ive wasted enough time playing around with one noise only to find its useless!! :mad:

I don't produce the days, but spend on average 12 hours a day (often including weekend ) in my studio.
I really should get out a bit more.....hmmm.

Know how you feel man. When i was makin tunes on my laptop i used to get so fed up with it being so slow. Dunno what your laptops like but it might just need to be wiped clean..

you do really need a music dedicated computer to make tunes and not use it for browsing the internet, if your serious or even half serious about having a bash at making tunes , you need a good computer. a crappy Laptop just won't do!

Since my daughter was born i havent much motivation or time,
The missus keeps trying to motivate me to make music atm lol
Pretty ironic as iv been chatting with kitech for the last 7 months

Uhh hard to say. Depends on inspiration, and I rarely have some. During most school days I don't feel like it at all nor have the time. I may boot up FL a few times but after 5 mins I'd be like "meh" and close it. For some reason I always seem to get in the mood and start working on something properly on late sunday nights (where I'd actually like to go sleep earlier). Then on monday I'll be a zombie.
On the rare occasion that I really get a surge of inspiration, I can be at it for several days in a row tho.

I rarely do it at all to be honest, but I'll get some random days where I'll be on it constantly after work until I can't see anymore. I get bored very easily and if I can't make any sounds that I like, I'll just have a mix and won't go back for another month or so.

I find collabs way more productive, having an extra head of ideas gets the ball rolling and I won't lose interest so quick!

if i get one small thing done each night after work im happy (eq this, chop that, sample one thing etc). depend on my weekends. not sure i could ever do music full-time; it is very draining for me.

3-4 times a week with my production mate, sessions usually go from 4-12 hours, days when he's not with me, usually 1-3 hours by myself.

Back
Top Bottom