How much money do you reckon they make?

Dj Jammin

VIP Junglist
People like Hype Hazard Andy C, all the producer dj's. What do you reckon they get average a year from dj'ing and releasing tunes.

I remember someone was asking me to help stick a night on and i emailed some places and i think people like bassline smith for instance gets about £500 a set, though the company said it would depend on the size of the club,
ie if they know you only have a small club and thus profits would be smaller then they'd charge less.

I can't remember the exact prices, as i had a list of the people on their books with prices, but i think the middle ground djs like bassline smith, hazard, twisted individual would be getting 400-500 ish range, but i'm sure andy c would higher up the ladder. But £2,000 is a lot of money just for doing a set, i think people like carl cox, oakenfold and Paul van Dyk would be getting these prices, but if you think about it they draw in the crowds and if you charge £15 a ticket and you get a big crowd it's worth it...

I guess if you are really interested you can just email one of the companies and pretend you're looking to book them for more info!

I don't think it's a big deal saying x dj earns x per set, what's wrong with posting it? Don't see it as being a big secret...

I think it's just good to know how much big djs earn.

If you're that interested, write to their agents.

Let's say that the very top of the A-league is around two grand depending on venue. Goes down to a couple of hundred for guys you recognise but have not been in the game for so long. There are a couple of price bands and I think you can guess what they are and who is where.

How much a dj earns a year is not something they'll want to answer and is a bit rude. Dnb guys, even on the top of the game, are not in the Fatboy Slim league.

I think Marky is the most...(£2g).. (i think it can be more though)

Last edited:
I think Marky is the most...(£2g).. (i think it can be more though)

i don't think marky is on the same level as andy c. he is the absolute don, 2k (an hour) at least plus business class plane tickets, plus ride to the venue, plus at least 4 star hotel if you book him outside uk...

but i bet he still beats marky, in some sense, somehow, someway :D

THe wierd thing is you can hire some amzing DJ's for so muich less, and yet you need your big name to get the punters in, unless the night has a name for itself..for insatnce pretty much any DJ allowed to play at a 4000+ capcity event ( IN THEORY) shoudl be shit hot.....????

i know this one's not a dnb dj, but i got this from a very reliable source that once tried to book him and i think this is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard. but true. fatboy slim charges £120,000 and wont do less than a 6 hour set. no wonder u only see him at festivals n stuff though. ridiculous!

I seem to remember from somewhere that Source Direct shared a 100k advance for their first album.

Back
Top Bottom