Votes: 17 39.5%
  • £40-60

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • £60+

Votes: 15 34.9%

• Total voters

Rock*

VIP Junglist
Maybe every month would be the best time period, obviously vinyls will be the main thing but theres repairs and equipment to factor in as well.

Vote in the poll, safe.

Last edited:
£100s
vinyls and stylus mainly

when i was at college i used to spend pretty much every penny i made from my job on vinyls and then just live on the £30 ema in week :D

Last edited:
On the CDs much more now so a lot less then i used to spend, i can't justify spending £6 on 2 tunes anymore.

between 40-80 depending on whats released. Spent 190 this month coz I needed some new stylii. Expensive business!

it depends for me, about £40 a month, but thats not including production, ive spent alot of money for gear to build my studio up

between 40-80 depending on whats released. Spent 190 this month coz I needed some new stylii. Expensive business!

stupid question but jus wondered what makes you replace your stylii as i had mine when i got my decks 5 years ago and never replaced em i mix a couple times a week and scratc and they play fine stanton sk 505's. or do you rag em?

i spend round 30 a month on vinyl

They get played average 1-2 hours a day by various ppl with different skill levels. Also stupid mash-heads leaving records running in the run-out groove for hours at a time, my pet hate!!

The carts I was using (ortofon concord pro s) sound nice but I was spending £75 every 4 months replacing the stylii as they just got bent or snapped off. So I bought some shure M44-7G scratch carts for 110 and they seem to be holding up well.only had em 2 weeks though so I cant comment on their longevity

I only change my needles when they start to jump all the fuckin time, usually every 12 - 18 months or so...

I've got ortofon concorde pro-s too, I rate them man, sound good, easy tracking, don't skip a lot...

Pretty skint these days so can't afford fuck all at the moment - but just found out I'm getting a bonus of work at the end of the month - nearly 600 notes, which is sweet...

Course once Mr Taxman gas taken his cut I'll be left with half that, but still, every little helps!

think i spend around £40 - £70 a month and that's usually just on vinyl. definately not a cheap hobby...

They get played average 1-2 hours a day by various ppl with different skill levels. Also stupid mash-heads leaving records running in the run-out groove for hours at a time, my pet hate!!

in all fairness, they break 'em, they should pay for new ones!
why should you allow "mash-heads" to destroy your hard earned equipment?

BEST CARTS EVAR!!!! love the sound these but out..nice warm bass...Lads, ive had just about every kind of cart there is..and these are the best. Hands down

SHURE-WHLB.jpg

they are kinda fragile tho...but the tips (stylus) are like $20

Ive only just got my decks, but ive bought vinyls in big batches so far. Just wait a month then spend a load, although i think im gonna slow down now, need to get some dollaaaa

I use wav/mp3 now so a lot less as I couldn't justify spending
£6 and more on two tunes. Sad but thats jus the way things
are:( About £10-£25 me thinks.

Man your proper lucky, 5 years is a looong time - I'd probably spend about 20 - 30 a week, maybe more if there's enough good tunes out! i'd replace styli once the coloured tab fades - probably ever 4 - 6 months if I'm lucky..:hagglers:

stupid question but jus wondered what makes you replace your stylii as i had mine when i got my decks 5 years ago and never replaced em i mix a couple times a week and scratc and they play fine stanton sk 505's. or do you rag em?

i spend round 30 a month on vinyl

My money goes on vinyl. I would say in month i normaly spend £60+ on vinyl. I love Shure Whitelabels that's what i got, defo worth money.

I go threw phases where months ill prob go like £50+ but since checkin out these blasted forums £100+ easy, there is far to many good tunes out there... please stop putting up recommends to good tracks my wallet cannae take it ....:D

Back
Top Bottom