How much can you make from production?

can you make adecent living off it?

min - max per tune?

etc...

:lighter::lighter::lighter:
Not as much as DJing mate.
Production is the way in....
Once you get recognised for making good music or signed, thats when the DJ bookings come. That's why Andy C and every other producer DJs as there is far more money in it.
You will get a signing fee which depends from label to label which isn't bad. Could typically be around 10K + for example. Tune wise though, you get a very small portion per unit sold as there is so many people taking cuts of the £5.00 you pay for that bit of vinyl - ie - the mastering and pressing of the vinyl, artwork, promotion, the record shops cut......the list goes on. However, producers who DJ should always find time to keep making new tunes as the more good new music in the scene the better! That's what the scene relys on to keep progressing.
In summary - Production is your ticket to become a working mainstream DJ/producer. If thats what you want to do. You may just be happy just to make tunes.

cheers m8y 1 more question what sort of a job would I be lookin 4 to enter into the buissness side of the scene something thats possible lol
:lighter:

cheers m8y 1 more question what sort of a job would I be lookin 4 to enter into the buissness side of the scene something thats possible lol
:lighter:
Jobwise...if you are into it i would recommend going and studying Sound Engineering or Production at college.
Once you have a good knowledge of production - get set up at home and start practcing writing tunes at home.
Like i said before...If you get recognised as someone who is contributing to the scene musically in terms of making tunes that are getting interest or being played by other DJs - The payed DJ work will follow.
Also - NETWORKING......making contacts and building relationships with people in the scene. Thats the way i started over 15 years ago and now my best friends are top dnb DJs and producers and i help run BBK and am working on tunes of my own. It's just a process you have to go through. Its fair to say that the likelyhood of any bedroom DJ making it just on the strength of his DJ kills alone is remote. Get in the studio dude.
That's the best advice i can give you mate

Just be clear on the fact that you're not going to get rich and you're going to struggle to make a living for a long time even if produce better than TC and DJ better than Andy C. Dnb is a very tough business, you're competing with established names in a static (or shrinking) market. Keep the day job...

I see what ya sayin ladz but aswell as the D&B Im lookin to experiment with all music "none of us are strictly junglist's" I just wanna make a contribution !And I will! haha

2 b honest, i think if producing and djing is what you love (which it is 4 most of us i think) you can't really do better than making a living out of it. if i can feed, clothe and enjoy myself, thats the life for me.

As for being involved with the scene.. don’t! its full of moaning cunts dealing with useless cunts. Lol

There is no money and people are getting less than ever for producing. If you want to set up your own label tahts cool but the general mentality is that with a new label if you are breaking even then you are doing well!

Back
Top Bottom