how many speaker watts??

danhowe25

Alias
how many watts would you need for about 150 people in a room with decent acoustics?? im putting on a boat party and cant decide which speaker package to hire

Nope, no idea man...

Suppoase it depends on how loud you want it - ask the hire people, they should be able to advise...

its not wattage you need to be so concerned about...its hertz and Ohms bro!!

but something like a 2kwatt sounds system should be suffice!!

its not wattage you need to be so concerned about...its hertz and Ohms bro!!

but something like a 2kwatt sounds system should be suffice!!

yeh... 2k would be good but probably abit too intense.... maybe 1000/1500..... a room that holds 300 peeps isnt really that big.

another thing to consider is the boats noise policy.....

just because its a party boat, dont assume they allow loud music

a few years back we had a boat party on the thames, the rig must have been no bigger than 1k, yet we couldnt even turn it up halfway with out it triggering a cutout switch which would cut the power if the sound rose above a certain level..... pain in the arse, almost ruined the night

its like a little microphone, if you see one, throw a jumper over it ;)

another thing to consider is the boats noise policy.....

just because its a party boat, dont assume they allow loud music

a few years back we had a boat party on the thames, the rig must have been no bigger than 1k, yet we couldnt even turn it up halfway with out it triggering a cutout switch which would cut the power if the sound rose above a certain level..... pain in the arse, almost ruined the night

its like a little microphone, if you see one, throw a jumper over it ;)

cheers mate i hadn't thought about that! got everything pretty much covered now though, so all im worried about now is my set, itl be my first time playing anywhere apart from my or a mates house..

Back
Top Bottom