How many over 30's post on here?

I'm 34. Got into jungle in 97. I hadn't even heard of it until I saw Trace at a rave some girl talked me into attending. I stopped listening around 05 because I hated the direction of the music. The minimal stuff got me back into it.

Stu Allan on Key 103 started me off in 91 then got my first live tape which was Ratty & Sy at Fantazia Summertime. First rave I went to was a Helter Skelter at Sanctuary Milton Keynes. One of the best nights ever!

34 here, started really listening to the Dreamscape, Fantasia, Ratpack stuff early 90's, through LTJ Bukem mix tapes. I was really into house when I was a bit older, but liked most underground music, and really got into Jungle/DnB after New Forms came out. I had turntables way back when, and would snap up any DnB numbers than came into the local shops!

Started of early prodigy stuff...out of space etc....happy hardcore...opps....sanctuary ...one nation ..exodus ..all that lot back then...started hearing peace love and unity and all those tunes around 96-97 and never looked back..loved drums and basses ever since....the end.

I'm 32 and got into the scene towards the end of the jungle era and start of the techstep movement! I've done plenty of mixes from the blue note era so check them out!

35 here - nearly D&B retirement age :) - however, no matter how many times i think this, that switch that flips in my head when i walk into a club is still there - still so much love for the music ive listened too non stop since 94 - i think ill still be listening when im 85

I turned 30 this past February. Started listening to Drum & Bass in 2000 and haven't stopped since. I don't really make it out to a lot of festivals anymore but I do make it out to any club event that's headlining a D&B artist. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing Roni Size in November:2thumbs:

I am 30 years old...

or 369 months old
or 1,607 weeks old
or 11,249 days old
or 269,987 hours old
or 16,199,228 minutes old
or 971,953,685 seconds old

and my next birthday celebration is in:
73 days 12 hrs 51 mins 56 secs (approx)

Barrington Levy - Here I Come remix

Because you are young and I am old yes while im old wanna have some rum, rum me down, wow

Just turned 32 this past summer. Discovered drum & bass through LTJ's Earth, in 2001 during a sleepless night in a tent at a festival in Maryland. Had my first UK drum & bass experience at Brixton Jamm this past Spring ;)

Grew up on Breakdance/Electro/Hip Hop - bit of Jack/House and techno.

First rave - Bug Jam in '91 and remember Rebel MC The Wickedest Sound - combination of UK ragamuffin and techno/hip hop. Fell in love with the sound.

Listening to it and buying vinyl ever since, but haven't been out to a club for approx. 2 years.

In my mind, I have been listening to the same genre of music all my life - a technologically advanced music founded in Hip Hop and techno, with a unique UK vibe.

For a while I was also heavily into The KLF and The Orb.

Between 2000 and 2006 was the period when I listened to the least amount of dnb - Doc Scott and Marcus Intalex drew me back in.

Last edited:
31 here, been into dnb since a mate at school recorded one in the jungle and showed me 31 seconds as we called it then

Back
Top Bottom