How many channels or tracks do you use when making a tune???

Dj_Kritikool

Just a question as i wana get a rough idea of wether im over doing it, or need 2 add more 2 my tunes???

normally use about 8 channels just on drums, ' kicks, snares, hats ect' also will add a cut-up amen break or 2, just to give the drums more 'body'

is that 2 many for drums or do i need 2 add to them??

then i have individual channels for sub bass, reece ect.

then any other noises or effects i wish 2 add, i normally end up having around 20-25 tracks

is this enough? or do people tend 2 use more???

thanks

it depends what kind of tune your goin for... but there is no right or wrong just what ever you feel is necessary

Depends completely on the track, a minimal track can have as little as 5 or 6, but for more complex projects, can use up to 30

saying that I try to always keep ideas for individual and just mute them, because even if they don't fit with the current theme too well, my track can change direction significiantly many times during the process and it's good to have some other ideas to experiment with. So I may have 20 tracks but only use 10 of them in the final mixdown

How many sheep do you put in a field?

Depends how big the field is, what size said sheep are, and what you want to achieve by putting them in that field.

Theres no rules, if it sounds good then theres no problem.

with dam nation sometimes up to 200 samples and patterns. when i do it alone im usually a little more sparse but since i resample everything i try and use the slicer as much as i can to get a bit more overview

My latest track in fruity:

56 sampler/generator/plugin/slicer/audio clip/etc. channels + automation clips a plenty

24 mixer channels + 2 auxes

about 80 different patterns in the playlist

-> bounced to 22 wav tracks that i loaded up in reaper and did some mixing and audio editing.

Around 15 actually. I tend to try and keep things a bit simpler, less is more really does have a strong meaning.

Back
Top Bottom