How long?

kama

benkama.net
VIP Junglist
How long have you peeps who regularly check this area out have been in the process? Production wise ofcourse. Just to know how many veterans we have here.

(and whose advice to take to the heart hehe...)

me 5 years now. Engineering side coming together bit by bit now.

wrote my first tune 7 years ago, but i dont think this is an accurate test cos it depends more on how many hours you put in rather then how long ago you started..

It's a general fact - to become a top amateur in any field requires the dedication of 3000 hours to it's practice - that's 1 hour a day, 6 days a week, for 10 years....

All wannabe producers would do well to remember that little fact :)

About a year, still getting a feel for the technical side, but hopefully things are improving. Same as Stu, all advice welcome :teeth:

Affliction said:
wrote my first tune 7 years ago, but i dont think this is an accurate test cos it depends more on how many hours you put in rather then how long ago you started..

It's a general fact - to become a top amateur in any field requires the dedication of 3000 hours to it's practice - that's 1 hour a day, 6 days a week, for 10 years....

All wannabe producers would do well to remember that little fact :)

who you calling a wannabe, fool!
mr-t-promo_1097606461.jpg

don't take me serious. Affliction's advice and guiding hand has given me a lot on this forum.

THANK YOU.

There should be an appriceation thread for affliction!

Affliction said:
Out of interest mate, about how many hours a week do you put in?
Loads when I was a student, up to 3 hours a day, but I don't have that much time on my hands these days

You got to graft big time though!

made my first tunes on Octamed on the old Amiga bak in1995 been fiddlin `bout ever since with midi sequencers and various software, have to say reason is truly amazin once you get deep into it and unlock its full potential & I`ve still not got to grips with half of it. check out my links on production forum thread entitled RIGHTSIDE`S Trax the link are to yousendit so theyll only be active till 11-10-05 but I`ll be updating with other trax soon
RIGHTSIDE

Engineered for my band before that for about 3 years, Been making D+B for about 4 years now, started on Fruity, moved to Reason, now on SX3. It is a long process and sometimes think i will never learn enough by the time i die!!!:(

Back
Top Bottom