how long have you been mixing?

Highway-man

I want to start this thread because it`s interesteing to see the different range of experience of DJ`s on this site.
Its also wicked to hear mixes of new DJs to compare yourself to them when you were at that stage and see how far you have come!
I myself have been mixing for two years now and I still have my first every mixtape from when I had been mixing for about 3months, and it is even recorded on tape!!
I was going to thailand travelling for 3 months and i had just got into mixing so i took a mixtape with me to listen to while i was away and that meant lugging aroung a massive tape player just for that one tape all the while everyone else had there i pods, thats dedication haha.

Over 10 years now. Started when I was 13 on a pair of Sony PD somethings and some matchbox mixer. Managed to teach myself how to mix as well and gradually everything fell into place :)

started in 94
gave up about 2001 due to several ear operations
recently started up again a year or so ago, the forum has inspired me to step my game up somewhat!

Been using turntables sinc i was 13
Got a pair at 17 and played hip hop and used to scratch alot
Started djing D&B around 04 and havent looked back since

My relationship with turntables has been long and tumultous

Started on belt drives when I was like 16 but that didn't go anywhere. Even when I got my technics I still didn't even use them for the longest time. I was so defeated from trying to use the belt drives. But now that I've gotten on the ball it's been 3 years.

7 years.still not top notch like sum of the headz on here need to step up my game but im a lazy cunt.

got decks at 18, had to pack them up at 26 when my son was born cos i had to make space for his cot. getting severe withdrawals now so moving to production to ease the pain.

is gutting to see 8 years worth of vinyl collecting dust, one day they will be restored to their former glory!!

sick thread.
I got my own decks 7 months ago, before that i jst had the occasional mix over a t amates not knowin what i was doing.
i can see i've progressed, i can beatmatch but for some reason at times i jst pointless alter the pitch which results in a fuck up or i seem to get ahead of myself and go crazy on the eq'in instead of making sure i've locked the beats.

check the sig if u want to listen to the latest mix i;ve done, it's slack at times but thats me bein a fool like i said.

* forgot to say, for 5 of those 7 months i had a mixer with a fucked cue slider so my best advice is get a FULLY WORKING mixer or get yours serviced and all is easier then

coming up on two years but i really only started getting into it the last year before i was like meh ill mix like once and awhile and maybe scratch didn't really started getting serious until i got my second technic so really only about a year

I started on some pioneer belt driven decks about 9 years ago so quite a while, took me ages to pick up beat matchin properly though!

Back
Top Bottom