How long does it take to finish a track?

my first two tracks

dont expect them to get finished :D

just work on it until your happy with them - wont happen too soon im afraid ;) - or till you dont want to anymore. and then just start new ones and come back to those when you have gained more knowledge!

and on topic, id say it generally varys from person to person and tune to tune.

id say it generally varys from person to person and tune to tune.

This , some people take a day to write a tune , while other people takes months or even years.
Honestly i hardly ever finish any of my tunes because thats just my work flow .

it depends, if you work full time on tunes, you'll be finishing your tunes in about 2 or 3 weeks (my workflow). People who have work and too many other things take months (when using all their spare time in tunes). and some people like current value has releases every week... someone told me that and made me laugh a lot, just joking xD
I found myself upset because of finishing tracks in like 4 days because of reading that people like the guys at Noisia take months on making these, but they're also touring so...
Anyway the faster I've made a track, the more the people liked it...

I heard Noisia's Stigma took 6 years to write.

I take about a week or so for most tunes, but sometimes if the inspiration is really there I can finish a tune in a day.

We used to get caught up on this... now we start usually by doing idea or concept sessions which are thrown together or worked on. Then once that has potential, we will take that into the studio and push it out into a more finished article. Maybe change out some synths, run something through some outboard... whatever... but doing this reduces the slog in the studio. It reduces the time taken as the track is almost written, that way we don't have to keep settings still between sessions. It helps when your struggling for inspiration too because you can flick through a few old ideas sessions and you're off! We've even had tunes where we put 2 together to make one.

Peace

At the beginning when you're getting a more refined perspective to your own music, you feel that anything you started 2 months ago is already outdated by your larger skill arsenal. In that case you should just either let it go and start a new tune or, if you still feel the tune has some untapped potential, resample/reuse the best bits and start from there.

At the beginning when you're getting a more refined perspective to your own music, you feel that anything you started 2 months ago is already outdated by your larger skill arsenal. In that case you should just either let it go and start a new tune or, if you still feel the tune has some untapped potential, resample/reuse the best bits and start from there.

this!!!

noisia take forever cos they suck

:teeth:

Na they're just perfectionists. Its all about spare time and how much you have to put into it. Tbh, Noisia have 3 people that need to each have their input and that can scrape away some hours.

All depends on workflow and the energy within your ideas

now i realise that i sound like a homosexual therapist...

you always soudnded like a rapist to me. anyway my group project dam nation is a four man thing now (used to be five) and we used to take forever to finish stuff. these days (after six years) we can jot down a tune in a month or two. thats 4 - 8 sessions, a' 4 hours a pop. pretty good if i may say so myself. weve got about 15 tunes ready since the last update (the last update was 3 years ago).

you always soudnded like a rapist to me.

MediumThumbnail.jpg

thanks man... means a lot ;)

Back
Top Bottom