How long does it finish you to make a track?

Cat Gas

Aka Basis
VIP Junglist
How long does it take you to finish a track?

And do you do it in short bursts or what?

I do it in pretty short bursts, and it takes me about a week, sometimes more if I don't get bored with it.
I have a short attention span you see... :|

Last edited:

MARKLAR

International Tracksuit Salesman
VIP Junglist
u couldnt of worded that title any more retarded!haha
but yea about a day if im feelin it but still touch it up a few times after.

Muta

Hologram
it REALLLLY depends on what my inspiration has to offer to me haha.

Sometimes it'll take me 2 weeks, and in shorter bursts, Sometimes ill have something finished in one or two days, and after that i'll make some aftertouches later on.

Krispy

VIP Junglist
I would say it takes me about a month. But I don't work on it everyday, ill have one day per weekend where I pump at around 4 - 6 hours into it. Other than i'll touch on it for a couple of hours on various weeknights. I like to give myself time between sessions to consider new ideas and new approaches.

I like to think about the track for a while instead of rushing to finish it. I'm know my process could be sped up using various Ableton techniques like rack sampling. I just haven't gotten to that level yet.

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
Really varies with me. Sometimes I can get right in the zone and get something together in one sitting of a few hours. Other times I'll spend a week on a drum loop. Depends how much I'm feeling the tune at the time.

I do think I should spend more time on my tracks than what I do, I guess I just get bored easily

Phat_Sam

VIP Junglist
Couple of days... should almost DEFINATELY take me longer. I feel that when ive 'finished a track' that its actually not finished at all and that I still have LOADS of work to do on it. Also feel like I havent made a real effort either and that whoever likes the track is being conned. hahaa

Freek

Lets get freeeeeeky
VIP Junglist
normally about i spend about 3 hours every day working on about 2 or 3 tunes at a time. for me to say a tune is actually finished anything from 1 week to a month but all depends on how complex the tune, ive got a tune that ive been working on for about 3 years and still am not finished :)

Riisu

Not the Preacher Man
VIP Junglist
That Sabre remix was the first track I worked on start to finish and it took about 3 1/2 to get it 'done' although still not 100% happy with it..... Such is life!

Gloxxy

I SNORT COAL
VIP Junglist
About 6 months due to lack of decent equipment, inspiration, time.

I have my new KRK RP8s now though so time is going to be made.

Riisu

Not the Preacher Man
VIP Junglist
Sorry man, 3 1/2 weeks working about 5 out of 7 afternoon/evenings some days around 2pm - 9/10pm, others about 6pm - 10pm.

Glad you're feeling it mate, seems to have got quite a good reaction, pretty pleased with it so far :)

Gloxxy

I SNORT COAL
VIP Junglist
Sorry man, 3 1/2 weeks working about 5 out of 7 afternoon/evenings some days around 2pm - 9/10pm, others about 6pm - 10pm.

Glad you're feeling it mate, seems to have got quite a good reaction, pretty pleased with it so far :)
That remix is sick Rhys.