how long do you need... ?

groelle

VIP Junglist
to get a song release ready - or atleast up to your expectations?

we need like average 25 hours to get everything nice and clean and the way we want it to when we got vocals and lots of samples and stuff - sometimes even up to 30 or above hours..

some things fall into place faster tho obviously... jump remix only took us like 9 hours, our next forthcoming tunes just 5 and 8 ..

i was just shocked when fl said we spent nearly 30h on a project im just about to finish :cheerlead

sooo - is it down to our missing experience, or that we have to interchange project files a lot and dont work on tunes together much often? or does it just takes so much time to get some tunes ready? what are your experiences?

all fl users can btw just check that out on the button left to the help button ;)

---------- Post added at 21:02 ---------- Previous post was at 21:01 ----------

lol? is this annoying popup in my post?!

edit: ok, now its gone. strange. ..

the longer i've been producing, the longer i spend per tune. mostly because i've gotten more ambitious with ideas and spend more time crate digging and researching records. hitting around 40 hours or more these days.
sometimes though i'll do a track or remix where i just make "dnb" and it'll take about two days. people seem to like those better too :mrpanic:

the longer i've been producing, the longer i spend per tune. mostly because i've gotten more ambitious with ideas and spend more time crate digging and researching records. hitting around 40 hours or more these days.
sometimes though i'll do a track or remix where i just make "dnb" and it'll take about two days. people seem to like those better too :mrpanic:

I have the same thing going on... Though my work flow has increased I spend more time on my songs now... usually 20 + hours

I'm totally varied, because I really rely on things just "clicking" in tracks. Can be a long and painful process, can end up waiting ages.

But usually, mix, tweaks, and general attention to detail - 12-15 hours or so. Usually over the course of about a month. hahah.

think it all depends on the tune to be honest
some tunes can come together really fast and the mixdown just sort of comes with it an ur done
others can take a good long time to get right an even then it mite not sound rite the next time u listen to it

think it all depends on the tune to be honest
some tunes can come together really fast and the mixdown just sort of comes with it an ur done
others can take a good long time to get right an even then it mite not sound rite the next time u listen to it

yeah. sure it is that way. just wanted input from others if they take as long as we do - or if they generally are way faster or slower.

just some sort of discussion ya know ;)

but absolutely true. think i just yesterday finished two of those keepers. both clocked nearly 30 hours ...

i generally get everything done fast then spend around 20 30 hours gettin it right :teeth:

^^^ the same for us if we do less musical things, if its getting more musical its done very fast technically but a pain musically, as we sometimes argue over a single note for hours, lol ! :D

its right next to the big question mark in the top windows. already explained that.

@logikz: but youre working on the tunes sitting in front of a single computer together i guess?

awesome, i didnt see that, were going to have to check some old projects. we spent ridiculous time on tunes with our group project dam nation like four months or even six in the beginning. we sit around one computer normally but at my house we got two, one main workstation and one running for sampling and processing and so, its sooo much more awesomer when its three in the morning, head full of jaeger and yay and whatnot and billy just wont stop putting stuff in the damn song

i would say on average a good 20+hours.

But then i do have projects ive been working on for about 2 years and everytime i learn a new set of skills, i implement them into this project, i will eventually call it finished when im happy with the final sound lol. i reckon actual man hours put into that tune would probs be in excess of 100 hours now tbh.

i would say on average a good 20+hours.

But then i do have projects ive been working on for about 2 years and everytime i learn a new set of skills, i implement them into this project, i will eventually call it finished when im happy with the final sound lol. i reckon actual man hours put into that tune would probs be in excess of 100 hours now tbh.

then youre the same as us. good to hear :)

somehow managed to miss my own thread. lol!

Back
Top Bottom