how long do technics last?

JaySoDef

i bought my pair of technics in oct 3rd, 2009 and ive been scratching heavily with them and was wondering how long they will last if i scratch with them for 6 hrs a day? because i noticed that the tonearm base is starting to move everytime i put a little pressure on it and the lock for the base height doesnt work anymore, like i can change the base height withought unlocking it does that mean its broken? also i read the manual and it says i should put new oil in it every 2000 hours of use? do i really have to and if i do where can i get one?

jesus technics should last forever if you take care of them man...your saying you wore your technics out in just over a month???? you have to be doing something terribly wrong my man. If worse comes to worse you can buy replacement tonearms there like 60 bucks (35 quidish?)

Probably longer than we're likely to live, They are extremely robust and from my experience which is about 10 years wth technics the worst problems wth technics is the little clip which holds the tonearm in position, plastic so easy mistake if ur often karting them about. I actually heard a story years ago about a kid who got caught by his missus in bed wth her best mate, she went straight for his technics, managed to throw one down a full flight of stairs and the only damage it did was dent the plater

Probably longer than we're likely to live, They are extremely robust and from my experience which is about 10 years wth technics the worst problems wth technics is the little clip which holds the tonearm in position, plastic so easy mistake if ur often karting them about. I actually heard a story years ago about a kid who got caught by his missus in bed wth her best mate, she went straight for his technics, managed to throw one down a full flight of stairs and the only damage it did was dent the plater

LOL gutted, she knew how to really piss him off!

she went for the balls there

Before sellin mine like a dick i had them for years without any problems and they were bought second hand

lolcopter.

was carrying mine out of a party and into a cab a fair few years back and slipped over on some ice.. deck smacked straight onto icy concrete! hardly scratched the beast!

had mine since 1996 an they were second hand when i got them, pitches have slipped a touch and the tone arm rest snapped on one of them, but still working fine otherwise, so dont prang out, your decks will be fine for many years still! :D

I've had mine for 6 or 7 years and no problems whatsoever. The oil that the manual calls for I found online for cheap. Just google SFW0010 oil.

I bought 2nd hand over 10 years ago ... still running well .

What oil is this and what is it for ?

My brother in law bought his in 1993, they were second hand then, & I believe they spent a few months been used in TOTS in Southend, apart from few problems with the pitch I still use them. Like a duracell bunny the fun goes on & on.

i bought my pair of technics in oct 3rd, 2009 and ive been scratching heavily with them and was wondering how long they will last if i scratch with them for 6 hrs a day? because i noticed that the tonearm base is starting to move everytime i put a little pressure on it and the lock for the base height doesnt work anymore, like i can change the base height withought unlocking it does that mean its broken? also i read the manual and it says i should put new oil in it every 2000 hours of use? do i really have to and if i do where can i get one?

mate are these the decks that had different phono cables. you really need to get that shit back to the shop.

i wouldn't trust those decks. technics have a life expectancy of 17 years. i've had mine 6. scratched heavily on them for many many hours. not had to replace or even adjust a single thing.

you should have had them back to the shop the minute you spotted the different cables. they're clearly not new decks. thats what you paid for. you've been ripped off mate. if you leave it too long the shop are gonna wash their hands of it. if they said they were new in the first place its highly unlikely they're gonna want to play ball anyway.

:confused::confused::confused:

Back
Top Bottom