how is this sound made?

i want to find out the same thing...i've been getting closer and closer using LFO synching techniques, but it's just not the same. I hope someone can give a solution!

it sounds like a vox or summing. maybe a vocoder with a few fx? not sure man. heared the sound a few times tho

I think you might be right...i've been doing some research and i think it's GRM tools, which make vowel sounds in combination with a synth, but I can't use it with REASON, so I will never know for sure.

yeah i agree Vocoder all the way. theres one called Vokator. its a real dirty piece of kit but i think something like that could deffo make that sound.

it has crazy amouts of presets and there used to be a demo version i believe?!? i remember this from my Paft Dunk days (nice)

sc said he used the subtractor in reason but god knows which settings, knowing the waveform would be handy.

if he used the subtractor, i think it might be using a combination of the two lfo's, and setting the synch rate at about 1/4 on the first one, and then modifying the second lfo to taste. I think combining different wave forms will allow you to get your individual sound, but i think a square and a triangle, or sine work pretty well together. I've seen a lot of people saying that they use triangles only for this type of sound, but judging by different producers, they experiment with way more than just triangles. I was messin around last night for a couple hours, and trial and error really get you close to that sound, but you'll NEVER sound exactly like another producer, so don't feel like you're coming up short.

yeah, i want to learn how to create the basic sound so i can tweak the shit out of it, i'm goign to have a play around on reason in a bit (y)

you might wanna expand on your repitoir <?(spelling) of synths, ive tried makin sounds like that in some synths and get no where near, go through the same procedures in the tone 2 firebird or toxic 3 and its right on the money, every synth has its own sound so to speak even if u create the same set of paramaters they can sound very different, so shop around, id advise the toxic 3 or firebird cus theyre just so unbelievably sik, but yeah with that sound in particular it could be a vocoder like people bin sayin, just record yourself goin 'wuahhhh', but it sounds to me like the vocal filter in the firebird or gladiator by the same company, bit of tweakin on the amp and filter envelopes with some dirty saw's n tri's i dont think ull be far off tbh

cheers for the heads up man, i need to start using some more vst's, looking for how this was made in subtractor atm though :)

No idea about how to do it with Subtractor (clever filter automation I reckon), but do it with Thor instead and use the formant filter - you'll make the job a hellova lot easier. (Assuming you're on Reason 4)

I'll give that a try now mate (y) What settings would you reccommendfor the whole thing? Never used Thor!

dont jus go searching for other vst's. that is defeating the object of what your trying to do. i think nearly any sound can be made with any synth. u jus gotta know wat ur doin.

i just got reason 4 so ill have a crack at it and ill let u know how it goes, i dont give up easily either so i might have a step by step for u pretty soon ;)

haha, nice one man appreciate it! got some similar sound with the malstrom to, using the formant saw but i'm intrigued to know how its done on the sub!

Back
Top Bottom