Bass How Is this reese made??!

Dubzta

So how is the saw/cutting modulation... I know i sound like a bit of a newbie saying this but is it a lfo controlling a filter or volume? I dont care about the reese/neuro bass itself but how is the modulation applied?
What are some good vst plugin filters?
And lastly (off subject) what are some good modulation (phase,FM,ring,amp, any really) plugins?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjMucYoVMBU

So how is the saw/cutting modulation... I know i sound like a bit of a newbie saying this but is it a lfo controlling a filter or volume? I dont care about the reese/neuro bass itself but how is the modulation applied?
What are some good vst plugin filters?
And lastly (off subject) what are some good modulation (phase,FM,ring,amp, any really) plugins?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjMucYoVMBU

brilliant. did you mean to do that or was it unintentional? either way nicely played old boy. quoted for posterity.

I don't quite know what to make of this post.

I can't make fun of it because it does that fine by itself.

I don't quite know what to make of this post.

I can't make fun of it because it does that fine by itself.

This.
I was going to reply here a while ago but I just didn't know what to put.

I wonder how many more people will stroll into this thread, click that link, and then go WTF, then click the link again just to see if something went wrong.

So all that is is a legato added to it?
Is there any good legato plugins i could use?

---------- Post added at 09:48 ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 ----------

I was sending it to a friend cause i randomly found it and i guess i didnt actually copy the link when i wanted to...

So all that is is a legato added to it?
Is there any good legato plugins i could use?

---------- Post added at 09:48 ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 ----------

I was sending it to a friend cause i randomly found it and i guess i didnt actually copy the link when i wanted to...

haha ok

on the legato thing: Legato is a function not an effect, put your resampled sound into your sampler and there should be a legato option there, adjust portomento/glide and play notes. voila!

haha ok

on the legato thing: Legato is a function not an effect, put your resampled sound into your sampler and there should be a legato option there, adjust portomento/glide and play notes. voila!
Ok so do you know any good samplers? I currently usually use highlife, and i guess edison...

I personally just use Logic's EXS24, the sampler that comes with whatever DAW you use should be more than capable of this

If you have NI Kontakt that is a good one too, based on what I've seen on the net.

I personally just use Logic's EXS24, the sampler that comes with whatever DAW you use should be more than capable of this

If you have NI Kontakt that is a good one too, based on what I've seen on the net.

K thanks. Hopefully soon ill be able to buy komplete and ill have some legit legit software (if you know what i mean). I researched into highlife a bit and found it does have portimento so yeah ill give it a shot.... I recomend it by the way (highlife by Discodsp). Ill post a short feedback of the bass i make via portamento.

Check out this free amazing sampler from UVI. One thing it offers (that for some reason the EXS24 does not) is the ability to adjust adjust the length of a sample without effecting the pitch. Though I still use the EXS24 as my primary sampler, the UVI Workstation as a couple tricks up its sleeve.

Cheers.

Check out this free amazing sampler from UVI. One thing it offers (that for some reason the EXS24 does not) is the ability to adjust adjust the length of a sample without effecting the pitch. Though I still use the EXS24 as my primary sampler, the UVI Workstation as a couple tricks up its sleeve.

Cheers.

cheers for the post, been looking for a good enough free sampler for mac for so long

heres the quick bass i made ... i dont think the legato quite worked for me but it also isnt quite the a reese bass you could say... its more of a nuero/neuro-reese hybrid. do you know how i could get that cutting feeling, sidechaining? or just a lfo on a compressor?

http://soundcloud.com/zurra/quick-bass

Sounds like it needs some serious eqing to bring out the sharpness and maybe other further processing (touch of distortion)? lol, right now it sounds like my stomach on a day I skipped lunch

Back
Top Bottom