Bass How Is this reese made??!

Dubzta

So how is the saw/cutting modulation... I know i sound like a bit of a newbie saying this but is it a lfo controlling a filter or volume? I dont care about the reese/neuro bass itself but how is the modulation applied?
What are some good vst plugin filters?
And lastly (off subject) what are some good modulation (phase,FM,ring,amp, any really) plugins?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjMucYoVMBU

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
So how is the saw/cutting modulation... I know i sound like a bit of a newbie saying this but is it a lfo controlling a filter or volume? I dont care about the reese/neuro bass itself but how is the modulation applied?
What are some good vst plugin filters?
And lastly (off subject) what are some good modulation (phase,FM,ring,amp, any really) plugins?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjMucYoVMBU
brilliant. did you mean to do that or was it unintentional? either way nicely played old boy. quoted for posterity.

T:M

Dusty Techno Workout
VIP Junglist
I don't quite know what to make of this post.

I can't make fun of it because it does that fine by itself.
This.
I was going to reply here a while ago but I just didn't know what to put.

I wonder how many more people will stroll into this thread, click that link, and then go WTF, then click the link again just to see if something went wrong.

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
cant ever happen im afraid. its too awesome.
as for the reese, detune saw waves, then distort. resample and put on legato.

Dusty Techno Workout
VIP Junglist

Dubzta

So all that is is a legato added to it?
Is there any good legato plugins i could use?

---------- Post added at 09:48 ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 ----------

I was sending it to a friend cause i randomly found it and i guess i didnt actually copy the link when i wanted to...

Dusty Techno Workout
VIP Junglist
So all that is is a legato added to it?
Is there any good legato plugins i could use?

---------- Post added at 09:48 ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 ----------

I was sending it to a friend cause i randomly found it and i guess i didnt actually copy the link when i wanted to...
haha ok

on the legato thing: Legato is a function not an effect, put your resampled sound into your sampler and there should be a legato option there, adjust portomento/glide and play notes. voila!

Dubzta

haha ok

on the legato thing: Legato is a function not an effect, put your resampled sound into your sampler and there should be a legato option there, adjust portomento/glide and play notes. voila!
Ok so do you know any good samplers? I currently usually use highlife, and i guess edison...

Dusty Techno Workout
VIP Junglist
I personally just use Logic's EXS24, the sampler that comes with whatever DAW you use should be more than capable of this

If you have NI Kontakt that is a good one too, based on what I've seen on the net.

Dubzta

I personally just use Logic's EXS24, the sampler that comes with whatever DAW you use should be more than capable of this

If you have NI Kontakt that is a good one too, based on what I've seen on the net.
K thanks. Hopefully soon ill be able to buy komplete and ill have some legit legit software (if you know what i mean). I researched into highlife a bit and found it does have portimento so yeah ill give it a shot.... I recomend it by the way (highlife by Discodsp). Ill post a short feedback of the bass i make via portamento.

lostnthesound

Burns Easily in the Sun
VIP Junglist
Check out this free amazing sampler from UVI. One thing it offers (that for some reason the EXS24 does not) is the ability to adjust adjust the length of a sample without effecting the pitch. Though I still use the EXS24 as my primary sampler, the UVI Workstation as a couple tricks up its sleeve.

Cheers.

Check out this free amazing sampler from UVI. One thing it offers (that for some reason the EXS24 does not) is the ability to adjust adjust the length of a sample without effecting the pitch. Though I still use the EXS24 as my primary sampler, the UVI Workstation as a couple tricks up its sleeve.

Cheers.
cheers for the post, been looking for a good enough free sampler for mac for so long

Dusty Techno Workout
VIP Junglist
Sounds like it needs some serious eqing to bring out the sharpness and maybe other further processing (touch of distortion)? lol, right now it sounds like my stomach on a day I skipped lunch