Bass How is hdj 2000 bass?!?

Dubzta

I need my bass headphones! Currently i have krk 8400 (my mixing headphones, they are very natural sounding, i would recommend them) and hd 428s. Origanally i wanted to get the hdj 1000 by pioneer but i read some reviews and found they broke pretty easily. So i turned to the hdj 2000. They are said to be flat with some bass and treble boosting.
So... How is the bass?
Would they be good for dubstep/dnb?
Are they muddy and muffle other frequencies?
Thanx

Are you after the bass presence for DJing or Producing purposes? If you're looking for production headphones with a bass presence, I'd advise against it IMO. The thing is, these headphones tend to color the bass response instead of reproducing it accurately like the krk 8400 (which I own a pair of also), which will affect your mixes. How many hours have you used the KRK's for? They require quite a bit of burn-in (around 100 hours) before they're optimal.

Of course I could be wrong and there may be a pair headphones capable of reproducing a greater lower range bass frequency accurately, but to knowledge I'm not aware of any.

Cheers.

Are you after the bass presence for DJing or Producing purposes? If you're looking for production headphones with a bass presence, I'd advise against it IMO. The thing is, these headphones tend to color the bass response instead of reproducing it accurately like the krk 8400 (which I own a pair of also), which will affect your mixes. How many hours have you used the KRK's for? They require quite a bit of burn-in (around 100 hours) before they're optimal.

Of course I could be wrong and there may be a pair headphones capable of reproducing a greater lower range bass frequency accurately, but to knowledge I'm not aware of any.

Cheers.
I was planning on using them for just normal listening/ hopefully djing soon. And my krks prob have a good 35-60 hours. Should i do some more pink noise? And lastly have you heard the bass in the hdjs are they muddy and muffle the other frequencies?

Hey
I wanna ask what is this burning in and pink noise stuff!?
I mean I was looking looking for monitors and finally found a pair I'd like to buy (equator d5)
Thing is people were talking about 80 hrs burn in and pink noise!?
What's that about?can't u just plug them in and start making tunes?
Someone please explain the whole process and why it's done
Thanks
Ps sorry for the hijack ;)

I was planning on using them for just normal listening/ hopefully djing soon. And my krks prob have a good 35-60 hours. Should i do some more pink noise? And lastly have you heard the bass in the hdjs are they muddy and muffle the other frequencies?

In that case, either the HDJ-2000's or the slightly cheaper HDJ-1000. Both have the same frequency range, the only difference is the Impedance and dome size. I'd would try both at a local shop and compare them. I'm living in the stone age and still rock a pair of old Technics headphones that I still love to this day!

Hey
I wanna ask what is this burning in and pink noise stuff!?
I mean I was looking looking for monitors and finally found a pair I'd like to buy (equator d5)
Thing is people were talking about 80 hrs burn in and pink noise!?
What's that about?can't u just plug them in and start making tunes?
Someone please explain the whole process and why it's done
Thanks
Ps sorry for the hijack ;)

The fact of the matter is that all electronics–speakers, LED/LCD televisions, etc. require a certain amount of burn-in to achieve their optimal quality.

The theory behind "Burn-in," which is essentially "breaking in" a pair of high quality of headphones, is that the diaphragms of the headphones become more flexible and vibrate more freely after extended use. Think of it like breaking in a pair of shoes. It takes time to get truly comfortable in them because the sole and shoe shape have to conform to your foot, which occurs after they've been worn for a while or broken in. Many have said that Burn-in is a myth. They're wrong. Unicorns are a myth. Burn-in is not. If you don't believe me, read this article by an audiophiliac of Steve Guttenberg.

Once a pair of headphones have been broken in - which can take as "little" as 40 hours or as many as 300 (It all depends on the headphones) - you'll begin to notice an increase in top end and most importantly an increased bottom end (especially noticeable with KRK 8400 which took me about 80 hours to notice the difference).

So how does one go about burning you ask? Through the continuous playing of pure tones–sin wave, sweeps, pink noise, and or AM/FM static. Some people even go so far as to play these tones simultaneously with complex music (i.e. classical) to "challenge" their headphones even more. But I digress.

Before I lay out the ground work, let me be perfectly clear by using this red bold font: I'm in no way responsible if you manage to fuck up your headphones. Use the following at your own risk, and make sure you're using studio grade headphones...sorry, no Beats By Dre. :)

Headphone Burn-In:

1. Search the web for .wav files containing burn-in audio tones. Yes, these websites exist, some even offering burn-in audio generators. Just do some searching and create a burn-in playlist in your favorite audio program.

2. Ensure the volume level of the headphones is set to what you would normally have it at. Playing the burn-in audio at high volumes does not speed up the process and in fact, will fuck up your headphones. It takes time, not volume for a proper burn-in.

2. Play the audio and leave the headphones be...unless you feel like listening to shitty tones repeatedly

3. Personally, I gave my headphones a rest after 5 hours of continuous play daily once I finished using them for the day. That's just me playing it safe. Be sure to record the hours you've spent burning-in so you can evaluate the sound as you go along...and keep track of your overall burn-in time.

4. There may be a point throughout the process where your headphones sound like shit. Don't panic, this is completely normal as it lets you know the process if underway. Have patience.

5. When you've reached the 40 hour mark, try your headphones. A pair of trained ears should hear a change for the better. If they still sound like they came out of the box, keep the process going another 40 hours.

6. Repeat until satisfied. If you have reached over 300 hours, chances are your headphones aren't up to par and you didn't follow my bold red type.

For more info on Burn-in, do some Googling as I'm afraid all this typing has given me carpal tunnel.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom