How have we gone from this to this

How the fuck do people say hazard is a great producer when churns shite like that out... His older stuff is miles better...

Yeah I know what you mean Dustek. Jump up does seem to rule the roost at the mo, compared to the vast musical influences that were 'back in the day' (not that I would know a lot about that). But as Hype himself says 'what goes around in DNB comes around'.
I feel there is a lot of different musical, organic DNB but people just don't look hard enough or are just happy to play dancefloor smasher after smasher.
I have always looked to the more tech and jazzy influences. Though thats not to say that the odd jump up tune is a bad thing either.

I wouldn't really say Machete is the modern day equivalent of that track, but mainstream D&B has certainly changed over the years.

I wouldn't really say Machete is the modern day equivalent of that track, but mainstream D&B has certainly changed over the years.

I was just giving examples of what a representative track from the past compared to a representative current track. To be honest, Machete sounds to me like a joke - and it was made as a joke. Back in the day nobody would have given it play.

Mafia is a tune. Possibly my fave at the mo. Drumsound and
Bassline Smith do make some pretty different jump up like
Belly Dancer and Cold Turkey.
Another jungle flavourd tune is Lion of Babylon on the Babylon
LP. Its quite a lot harder though.

I think Machete is good for what it is,

Its just an all out thrasher that people will go mental to for 2 minutes or so....

Cool sample, nice drop, and huge bass/noise

But yeah, i don't think anyone would listen to it at home and admire its musical structure etc too much

:who_wants

playaz001.jpg

^^^You cant Say that is not a tune though^^^

Back
Top Bottom