How does logistics get his bassc so loud?

padders

i have tried making a simliar bassline but cant seem to get it to have any presence in the mix. I haved eqing everything out of my basslines frequencies, I have tried turning everything else down but then it just gets swamped by the bass. How does he achieve this loudness and still allow every other part of the tune to be so clear? Is it to do with multiband compression? fustraitedly confused! lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDYr-_w5Xi4

Well for starters his tunes get mastered properly i would imagine, an secondly theres no compression goin on in sub bass, 2 rules make sure ur sub bass is in mono an in its own seperate channel in the mixer with as little fx maybe a bit of distortion (not the kind that makes shit fart, personally i use no distortion really depends on the trak ur making) an a low pass filter.
Basically just have to watch your levels an make sure the sub isnt over powering anythin in the mix.
Play ur sub bass seperate with drums an if u get dipping its obviously too loud. Just gota listen out for it really. Use an analyzer to double check wat your hearing too.
Takes time n effort, an careful processing!
Peace!

Try working without compression on your master bus. When you say you eq-ing.....does that mean high-pass filters on kick/snare/other synths to keep them out of the low end?
Keep trying. Post an audio of your effort?

how long you been producing for man? Time is the best teacher. well... or a day with logistics, d byrd, etc lol.

At the end of the day your sitting there with your mixer doing its thing its just a matter of time before you create a nice balanced mix. thats the key, get a nice balanced mix and dont exagerate anything, send it off for mastering, they'll add weight and presence for you.

how long you been producing for man? Time is the best teacher. well... or a day with logistics, d byrd, etc lol.

At the end of the day your sitting there with your mixer doing its thing its just a matter of time before you create a nice balanced mix. thats the key, get a nice balanced mix and dont exagerate anything, send it off for mastering, they'll add weight and presence for you.

Yeah I guess practice makes perfect. Been producing for about 6 months on and off just as a bit of fun. But as I get more into it and wanna learn more sites like these have been invaulable.
I use fl studio and I use the eq in that to turn all the other parts off below 100. Maybe cos I dont have monitors it just sounds weak (using a conbination of pc speakers and headphones).
Thanks for all the replies peeps!

My advice is steer clear of fruity's own eq's n shit an if u MUST use em use more than one as there not that responsive.
Try investing in some vsts, the waves bundle is fuckin awesome i dunno where ide be with out those vsts!
The reverb, eq's n compression are the best ive used. :D

Back
Top Bottom