How do you set up your studio

drum_master

Hi
This is my first thead on the forum (please excuse my english). Im moving in a week and i was thinking how do other DnB producers set up there studio. Any one has acoustics panels?

my studio at the moment is set up this way, the Roland mc 307, 2 electribes, a roland xp 10 keyboard and a Jen Brio (italian key sort of hammond) guitar bass etc and the PC everything is routed to a master audio mixer and the record output back to the pc. this way i can record whaterver is happening.

The thing is that im using more and more the PC and less and less all my hardware so i was thinking of ise the moving to find a new setup.

cheers to all

Tbh i no longer have the use for live recording other than for vocals and some guitars that i would go into the di input on my mbox. so technically i just have my monitors, my emu keyboard and my mbox and the slightly to the side i have my decks with one of the chanells hooked up to my mbox output so i can mix with what ever im making as i make it. with regards to accoustics i cant really comment as my studio is on a budget lol. welcome to the forum tho bro.

Sounds pretty good to me as it is. More and more people are going strictly software nowadays because of the neatness of it, slimming down their studio and simplifying the workflow. The quality of software has gone lightyears ahead of what it was 5 years ago so it's understandable, but personally i like hooking up units, changing physical cabling to create new signal paths for outboard processing etc... Doing all with a mouse, keyboard and a midi controller just doesn't seem to me like "producing", feels more like nerding sound on the computer.

If i was you (and if your mixer is a good one), i'd even get a multi-out interface for the computer to get the most out of the preamps - ready the system for some track tube compressing or what ever. Mixing analog just is a completely another world.

yea, in a moment of my life i relized that conecting cables, midi and audio was taking me more time than producing music itself...

I think that getting a multi out sound card its a reat idea !! Mi mixer its a yamaha that has 8 inputs and 2 outputs.

Thanks for the awnser

DM

Back
Top Bottom