How do you record onto a mac?

You'll need to get an audio interface (external soundcard) as there's no other way to record directly in to a mac book pro.
There's plenty about, can get them relativly cheap depending on what you wana spend. Just google mac soundcard or something.

haha your both right but wrong! I had to do it through garage band and change some settings but alas the problem is sorted! nice one for the quick response! Watch out for some of my mixes coz i`ll be posting em very soon!

macs come with Audio in & Audio out 1/8 inch capability. no interface, nothing needed. just plug in open your wares, hit record

Really? So on a mac book pro with only a headphone socket, you can invert that to be a mic line in?

Mac WIN.

haha your both right but wrong! I had to do it through garage band and change some settings but alas the problem is sorted! nice one for the quick response! Watch out for some of my mixes coz i`ll be posting em very soon!

Can't fucking wait mate! 3 deckers now you got the new one? I miss it so much now it's gone lol, if only i had a 4 channel mixer haha

No i still only got two up and runnin coz the other one doesnt have a needle yet! will have a mix done by tomo though looking forward to it. Do you have my john b tune still?, the one with the really long drop that kind of just rolls in?

No i still only got two up and runnin coz the other one doesnt have a needle yet! will have a mix done by tomo though looking forward to it. Do you have my john b tune still?, the one with the really long drop that kind of just rolls in?

Oh yeah of course..

No i don't mate, havn't got any of them. Will deffinatly be bagging get shaky/randomer-blind and cold blooded soon though haha

that fucking tune i swapped with you for aztec skips now! Pisstake!

ive also got a question about this, want to record from my decks but when i record onto logic it records it too loud so its like blurry if that makes sense, is there a way of making it quieter without turning the volum down on the mixer?

ive also got a question about this, want to record from my decks but when i record onto logic it records it too loud so its like blurry if that makes sense, is there a way of making it quieter without turning the volum down on the mixer?

It depends on ur sound card & ur mixer. If you have an external soundcard then you should have independent volume controls on the interface itself. If you are using the internal sound card then i would reccomend going from the booth output on ur mixer into the line in on ur laptop. then technically you should be able to control the volume of the mix via the booth control knob.

Back
Top Bottom