how do YOU mix?

Vicelord

Unhandled Exception
I'm pretty new to this forum here so don't kill me if this has been asked before, but how do you guys mix actually? which programs or which ways. I'm totally fresh to the scene so I don't have any idea but I would like to know tbh. Maybe even try mixing myself, you have to start somewhere.

thx

[edit] Just saw the production forum, but there's a lot of info on there but I don't know where to start actually. Where would be a good place to start?[/edit]

Last edited:
Ez welcome to dnbforum, bumped this thread to this sub forum.

Personally I only mix with vinyl on 2 or 3 (4 with another dj) turntables.

There's a few dub whores about caining their cd's on cd decs and there's a smaller amount of people mixing mp3's via Final Scratch.

I also understand that some people are doing mix cd's by using a computer mixing program, but in my book this is very wrong!

thx, I just registered and I'll check it out

[edit] Got a bug when I have to register and confirm

Server object error 'ASP 0178 : 80070005'

Server.CreateObject Access Error

/signup/register.asp, line 572

The call to Server.CreateObject failed while checking permissions. Access is denied to this object.

[/edit]

guess it's a no go until it's fixed?

Last edited:
Like this of course!
blending.jpg

Vicelord said:
thx, I just registered and I'll check it out

[edit] Got a bug when I have to register and confirm

Server object error 'ASP 0178 : 80070005'

Server.CreateObject Access Error

/signup/register.asp, line 572

The call to Server.CreateObject failed while checking permissions. Access is denied to this object.

[/edit]

guess it's a no go until it's fixed?
Mail that to 'em on info@worldmixing.net :]

when im tired long and drawn out, when im hyped up fast with a lot of teases and whatnot. and i've got my off days just like everyone else, but once you start it's so addictive it gets hard to stop.

life Story...once apon a time I used to mix on KAM Belt Drives then T1210's nowadays it's completely digital on an Apple computer.

Never had any belt drives... but 3 years later Im still stuck on Numark TT1910's. Still want 1210's but being a lazy assed sudent makes life difficult.:lol_board

final scratch is hardware? that lets you play mp3 files on special records. It costs around £500 i think.

I'd suggest you download "mixvibes" it's free (with a 30 min time limit). Try it. I can get some quite good results using that.

Just search on google.

Innovatee said:
I'd suggest you download "mixvibes" it's free (with a 30 min time limit). Try it. I can get some quite good results using that.

i dont suggest using that, personally i suggest using 2 turntables, a mixer and plenty of vinyl. but if computers are a must, then may i suggest native instruments "traktor" mixing program

do you have any homies that spin? Prolly be easier if someone showed you how to mix on some decks. :zest:

Last edited:
If you're totally fresh I really recommend vinyl to learn on. All that computer stuff can come after, but manipulating vinyl while teaching your brain how to mix is really important imo.
As above, get a mate to help ya with decks ..

;)

Back
Top Bottom