How do you make your drums sound shuffly?

Nutek

movement junglist
VIP Junglist
Ive tried shit loads of things and got some alright loops by variating the note and volume of hi-hats and shuffles, but i was wondering how you fellas all did it?
Cheers.

Is that how you would go about making the break in the serial killaz vip mix of junglist by rebel mc featuring peter bouncer?

layering drums like said, also sometimes just a snare filtered and put as a shuffle can sound effective

i prefere to layer my breaks, looking for one with the characteristics i want in it.

Ghost hits too

Drums are hard man, but once u have put in the effort and got them sussed, you will be loving it ;)

you only get out what you put in

What you can also do (in FL Studio) is get a break loops groove/shuffle and save it as a score.

1. Open a break (or a beatbox rec) in fruity slicer (automatically slices the groove)
2. Drop the groove and save the score.
3. You can now quantize any loop with that score/groove.

hope this helps =]

Put your hats over two tracks to add movement.
Layer up your hits and breaks and EQ out the frequencies you don't need to make space for your main hits so they sit nicely in the mix. Always roll off any freqencies that your not using.
You can use ghost kicks and snares to add to the groove if you like. These usually consist of 1 of the snare layers you use for your main hit - but used at a slightly lower level.
Side Chain.
Add percussion - ie bongo's, cowbell, rides etc

Back
Top Bottom