How do you make that reverse sound?

Rubs90

KeyControl
VIP Junglist
I'm sorry, this is probably a really stupid question, but I am really new into the whole DJ thing, and I don't understand much. How do DJ's reproduce that sound where it sounds as if they are reversing the song backwards. A lot of DJ's use it to pass down from one song to another. Can it only be reproduced with vinyl records? Or is it some sort of special separate device?

when a record is played it goes foreward(clockwise) so if u want it to go backwards spin it backwards(anti clockwise)

common sence(no offence)

Yeah I guessed it would be that, but I've seen some people use flashy things to do that, and I got confused

he might be talking about where the song is played backwards but at a consistent speed, something I'd only know how to do on a CDJ

it has a different effect to just doing a standard spinback with regards to switching tunes...sounds pretty cool, I do it sometimes if I'm using CDs

Some decks have a reverse button and most pro djs know exactly how fast to spin a record to make it go backwards at the same speed as forwards.

i think hes talking about the dump effect. Its on some Denon CDJS ive messed with... you press the button at the cue you want and it sounds like its playing backwards for about 4 bars or however long you want it to be... when the button is pressed again... it goes back to the time it would have been at if the dump button was not pressed... meaning u can be at full mix and if u hit that button u get that cool "Whoof Whoof Whoof" sound... ive used it in sets when their available... everytime i do... a pair of panties fall on my face

Back
Top Bottom