How do you make Jump Up wobbles/basses.

Sataq

Hello,

so I made a few "jumpup" tracks but I feel it isn't really like to mainstream 'Jumpup' like Macky Gee, DJ Guv, DJ Alpha, Levela,...
I wanna have that banger feeling in my songs but I never find the right wobble/bass.

The first thing I noticed was that the most JumpUp is made on 87,5 BPM so I start making a tune on that speed but now I made the intro I'm stuck in the drop I just don't find the right sounds. So please if anyone could give me the exact name of the jumpup bass of just a simple Massive preset or something that I can change or anything like that.

Thanks!

You go away and listen to some quality dnb, come back, realise your mistake and start producing stuff that could actually be classed as music rather than 5 minutes of farts, squelches and over-used samples from sci-fi films

4562193844_483x412.png

Right let's get down to the nitty gritty. It's a long road.

What you need to do is drink a lot of Stella. I mean a lot of it. Up until the point where you look like you're actually sweating Stella. Then you sell a bit of sniff or weed. You take the proceeds to your local JD sports or Sports direct. Buy some track suit bottoms, a Nike tn hat (kind of like the one mc Grindah wears), a nike t shirt and an Adidas hoodie.

Then you're ready to start networking.
Once you've met a few people ask them for a cracked copy of Logic or Cubase. A copy of Massive is essential. You'll also need every Vengeance sample pack as well as every dnb producer sample pack. Don't forget the ones with the ragga vocals and horns.

Make sure you boost your snare by at least 12 dB at 200 Hz, no matter what key the snare or the rest of the track is. 200 Hz is the best hz.

Then load a Massive pre set and modulate the cutoff with an LFO. Have the resonance up quite
High you get that sik squelch m8.
Now...

You may notice that even after all the risers and drum builds your drop is lacking impact? Well I have a soloution!
Take some of the weed from earlier. Oh yeah I forgot... MAKE SURE U SAVE SUM OF DAT WEED!
Yeh, smoke dat weed and watch some films. If you're going for the Hazard sound, watch a few westerns. If you're going for the Jayline sound, watch some dodgy football hooligan films...

Now, you may be wondering 'how da fuck am I gunna put my DVD in Logic?'. Look no further than... YOUTUBE! Just download the video converter and search what you're looking for. (You can also use this nifty little trick to download the latest cuts from SkankandBass and Dram and bejj as some big names have done in the past!).

Right... Now cut the desired vocal, make some space before the drop and chuck it in. HEY PRESTO! A Fukin sik drop and a the only memorable part of your track that doesn't sound exactly the same as every other track it's mixed with.
People will be saying 'what was dat Choon dat sed (your sample)' in no time!

End of part one

Back
Top Bottom