how do you live mix?

DJPancake

NEW NAME IS DJ INCLINED
so how do they do it?

im cool with hitting play and having a couple things going on the DAW, but obviously i wanna do stuff with the drums. More than just pulling out an instrument or two.

what kinda MIDI controllers do you guys prefer?

What kind of hardware? (<<<If i was not using a DAW)

...and lastly, how can you be successful with it? lol

BTW, im using Reason 4 and a KORG padKONTROL, and thinking of getting another MIDI controller

o yeah, im not limiting this to only DnB, but all dance music

-Andy

Last edited:
A mixer with a lot of channels for hardware, a midicontroller (if you have channels linked together as to control ALL of the drums with ONE channel) for a DAW.

watch some deadmau5 vids. there is couple where you can see him,

pretty much get ableton live. chop all your clips/samples/midinotes/drums up and press play and some filters to it.

Ableton.. If you got a few mates interested get together and do it as a group.. much more fun as you can all take control of a different part of the tune.

ok sweet, i'll try ableton

and the only buddy interested in music stuff is getting into rap stuff, which i am gunna do with him. :)

what midi controllers are good? since im prolly going to get another soon.

I have a KORG padKONTROL which is nasty fun.

-Andy

I got the Ableton Demo

wow, Ableton is not like any program ive used, lol, mad hard. But i'll get it in time. It seems like such an awesome tool though, so i want to use it. In the mean time, im taking a rest from the computer. enough for one day.

-Andy

ok, update #3

pretty much got Ableton down pat, i now can see how and why it is used for live mixing.

I certainly will be enjoying it in the full version sometime soon.

-Andy

Back
Top Bottom