How do YOU keep in beat when mixing?

Nutek

movement junglist
VIP Junglist
Inspired by the "DnB DJ's Like To Dance?" thread by "DJ Wizz"..

I usually tap my foot when I'm mixing, it's like a subconcious thing, what do you guys do? I obviously nod my noggle too.. can't resist!

well i use many techniques but the one i use most to stay in time is to listen to the tune thats coming out the speakers and go with that:D
try it its really good

sweat out like jake from G Dub due to nerves!

That he does... I've got a mate whos the same, must be a little annoying if you gota play two shows the same night!

I generally do everything while i'm mixing, if its at home and its quiet then just a bit of head bopping. But as soon as things get loud, even at home or at a party i start to rock my socks off. Especially when you feel you've done a good mix!

Played on a 5K rig b2b with Scuba on NYE and i was twatted, bouncing about all over the place!

So i say do what you gota do... Just dont to a TC :bounce: :bounce:

That he does... I've got a mate whos the same, must be a little annoying if you gota play two shows the same night!

I generally do everything while i'm mixing, if its at home and its quiet then just a bit of head bopping. But as soon as things get loud, even at home or at a party i start to rock my socks off. Especially when you feel you've done a good mix!

Played on a 5K rig b2b with Scuba on NYE and i was twatted, bouncing about all over the place!

So i say do what you gota do... Just dont to a TC :bounce: :bounce:

lol yeah tc looks like a cock when he 'thinks' hes done a good mix

I get a bit lost in the moment at times. raving about in my room. Can lead to embarassment mind, all the kids up my road take the piss as i live in a bungalow and my room is right next to the road they play in.

you cant jump to the beat while mxing.. lets be honest. do you fully understand the concept of jumping? both feet must leave the ground in an attempt to fly. if you do that when your mixing, im a chinaman

you cant jump to the beat while mxing.. lets be honest. do you fully understand the concept of jumping? both feet must leave the ground in an attempt to fly. if you do that when your mixing, im a chinaman

Joker! the feet off the floor is an unwritten rule

forever boping my head, but if im havign a bit of particualar trouble with a mix i bounce my hand up and down to the beat of the tune in the room (sorta like a conductor, like goldie haha) and it helps with seeing and hearing if the cued tune is outa time and if its fast or slow. the trick is to reli snap ur hand on the beats and u will realise whats wrong with the mix instantly. safe.

I tend to move the pitch adjuster, occasionally touch the platter... I've tried bouncing up and down etc... An it doesnt seem to effect the speed of the record... Maybe I'm doing it wrong tho.

I get a bit lost in the moment at times. raving about in my room. Can lead to embarassment mind, all the kids up my road take the piss as i live in a bungalow and my room is right next to the road they play in.

brilliant! tyhe worst is when my mum bursts in my room to tell me to "turn it the fuck down" and im doing a one foot skank in my pants! lol

Back
Top Bottom