How do you find out about tunes?

Alexi

Drench Audio
VIP Junglist
I was just wondering where everyone found out about new tracks, as not all of us are lucky enough to be on Andy's dubplate mailing list.

I used to solely use tapepacks then search for the tracklisting on this site, but now listen to mixes/podcasts with tracklistings, online record shops and threads on here.

But I swear I still seem to miss a lot of tunes, looking at thread for people's monthly top tens, I don't recognise a lot of tunes, for example only heard the Break remix of Alibi a couple of days ago after hearing people talk about it for months.

just downloading sets and getting tracklistings, but chemical records new releases or beatport drum and bass section.

beatport.com
chemical-records.co.uk
redeyerecords.co.uk
nu-urban.com (i think)

i will here cd packs tapes etc and if theres tunes i really want i will just go through pages and pages of mp3 clips till i find it,that does not always work though,and this forum is good for finding tunes etc theres loads i have baught through finding tunes on here wich i might never have heard of.Another thing i do often is go on for example, redeye records and go to the forthcoming preorders bit and just listen to all the tunes on that 1st page,do this once a week you keep up to date then.If you want dub info and unreleased then you need to maybe talk to the people who make the dub your after i did this yesterday on myspace with future signal about there new tune furyen,he told me it's just been sent off to be masterd etc.so if you no the tune and who its by,send em a message on facebook myspace or something,they dont always reply but most do_Oh and of course listen to loads of dnb radio on the net.

Last edited:
I find out by using forums. DNBA is an absolute goldmine for forthcoming releases. They usually get audio up pretty quick too.

Hospital, Metalheadz and Lifted podcasts are helpful as well.

I was just wondering where everyone found out about new tracks, as not all of us are lucky enough to be on Andy's dubplate mailing list.

I used to solely use tapepacks then search for the tracklisting on this site, but now listen to mixes/podcasts with tracklistings, online record shops and threads on here.

But I swear I still seem to miss a lot of tunes, looking at thread for people's monthly top tens, I don't recognise a lot of tunes, for example only heard the Break remix of Alibi a couple of days ago after hearing people talk about it for months.

basically everything you do. sometimes some tunes go under the radar, but i think it's just a case of listening to as much as possible.
always listen to bailey, hype + fab&groove, also heist comes with the goods. just podcasts, mixes, member mixes, everything like that.

not knowing about breaks remix of alibi is school boy though!!!!

I generally go on forums, listen to live sets and track down the audio on youtube.

Podcasts are quite handy too.

Most of the time I find new tracks via Youtube - some channels are really goldmines. On top of that, I listen to every new Hospital Podcast and some random Podcasts too. I got all my fav. Artists and Labels saved in the "My Beatport" list, which will keep me informed if there's a new release. Plus, I'm keeping an eye on the new tracks section of these forums.

I find that radio shows are the best, and nicer that trawling through endless crappy youtube clips... I always listen to Hype's show, often Heist's on mystery, and sometimes Grooverider / Bailey / Crissy Criss.

I also go to BM Soho a few times a week to chat about new stuff / buy promos. Long live record shops and their staff!

my good friend Smarty (y)

look on forums and shops

redeye
chemical
nu urban

Back
Top Bottom