How do you find 'being friends' with x's?

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Textbook, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Textbook

Textbook BUTTER

so its all on the rocks at the moment n i can see it going that way of, 'i still want to be friends, i still care about you' blah blah...

anyone else have experience in this? how was it for you?

personally i find this quite hard.. i cant stand remaining friends with an x, then seeing them out an about with other men n all that..

especially for the first few months..

saying that.. i still am friends with a few.. hardly ever talk though.

dunno how you can be with someone for so long n know everything about them one minute, then the next. they are a complete stranger. going from talking everyday, to not speaking for weeks, and struggling to string together a sentence..

discuss.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  2. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

Well, I've never really kept contact with them.

The odd text here and there, mainly when I want a last one off shag though to be honest.

Only one I do still see used to be one of my best mates before we got together. After 3 months we just both realised it wasn't working so decided we were better off as friends. It's not weird at all.

3. Textbook

Textbook BUTTER

yeah man its long. i never make the effort really. dont wanna lose this chick though. fucking women. har.

seeing all my old x's with men n all that now, really doesnt bother me at all..

just takes time i guess.

4. safety

safety double safety

don't get me started. i think it's a ridiculous idea. i tried staying friends with my ex, but she saw that as an excuse to treat me like shit. i recently bumped into her at ram, and thought maybe enough time had passed now that we could have a catch up but that was a massive mistake as well.

so just don't do it man. tell her you got enough friends and don't need one you can't trust and don't respect anymore

5. Textbook

Textbook BUTTER

cheers man.. i get what your saying.

this is my longest relationship, was about 14 months.. n im really demotivated about the whole, meet new people thing.

ive spent all that time with one person, sharing everything and becoming so close, n its all for nothing. i cannot be fucked to go through all that again to be honest, n im not really the one night stand kind of person, although ive had my fair share, im just not that into it. i perfer being with someone.

total soul destroyer ha.

6. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

A session with Fran will help you get over anyone (y)

7. Textbook

Textbook BUTTER

haha ill have to look into that.

8. Fortune^

Fortune^ ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

A session with moskit will probably frighten you to death ;)

9. Dj Mark Track

Dj Mark Track www.NakedBeatz.com

Don't talk to ex's, simple as.

Just go and get "Conker's deep" ASAP.

That will sort your head out for sure.

10. Fortune^

Fortune^ ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

On a serious note though. I find I can't do it. I like to try and be friends with them but then i realise I'm only friends with the ones I want to have sex with.

Not that i begrudge any of the others but when you meet them it just seems to be a bit of a contest about how much you're over each other and have moved on with your life. Unless, as in Brofski's case, you were proper good mates before hand.

End of the day it's only 14 months. The mistake everyone makes is that they feel they need to 'get back in the game' which often results in no joy/hooking up with completely the wrong girl.

It's not the end of the world. Unless your girlfriend is Pandora.

11. Textbook

Textbook BUTTER

to top it off, ive just got a letter saying im fired from my job. sweet.

12. JamesZero

JamesZero aka Zero Beats

I don't really speak to any of my ex's now days...

I think even the ones you say you will stay friends with as time goes on you just drift apart. Unless it's a situation like brofs where you were good mates first.

13. Fortune^

Fortune^ ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

you getting redudancy pay though?

14. Yorkshire Tony

Yorkshire Tony Active Member

whenever i had had to break up with someone its been does simply becuase we havent worked out, there has been no nastyness, so we still get on.... t'is weird seeing an ex with another person though....... especially the ones who were rather dirty in the sack!

15. sotalex

sotalex man your battlestations

just happend to me recently, a girl left me for this long hairy, metallica kinda hillbilly...
    really pisses me off, can't be friends with such type of girls if you know what I'm saying....

16. Dan M

Dan M hard gay northern bear

ive been with my missus for 6 years. weve been on and off an its hard. i remember one year we had split up for a few months an it was her birthday, all my mates were going out on the piss with her n i freaked out n ended up brawling with 3 of my mates. just daft stuff really.

ive had lots of birds an take this advice..... if it hurts that bad when you see her with other dudes then you shouldnt have split.

17. Dan M

Dan M hard gay northern bear

thats gotta be a kick in the crotch

18. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

As i've got older, I have grown to appreciate the very few merits of this strange & almost pointless phenomenon.

Not through personal experience, but through male friends engaging in this activity, who initially unbeknown to me, obviously have Vaginas.

If there are kids involved, then yes, it's more benificial for both parties.

Otherwise, I beleive it is simply to make the female of the situation happier.

There is very little good that can come from this type of arrangement in my experience.

Fortune^ likes this.
  19. Gloxxy

Gloxxy I SNORT COAL

Never ever works in my own experience either with kids involved or without.

Doomed.......DOOMED I TELL YOU!

20. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

Ahh gutted mate, going through exactly the same thing at the moment. I split up with my bird after a year about 3 weeks ago now, not a single day has gone past where i havent thought about her, despite the fact im trying to get "back in the game", it just isn't working.

The only thing you can do is cut ALL CONTACT, don't txt, ring, check her facebook, absolutely nothing. I know how hard it is cos all you wana do is talk to them but it really will be best thing to help you get over her.

I miss my ex-bird so fucking much (even tho she was a pyscho and started punching me repeatedly in the face) but you have to be strong and get on with your life.

Rememeber you split up for a reason, and everytime you want to talk to her, just think of all the bad things and try and convince yourself your doing the right thing!

Hope that helps a bit. It sucks man but we all have to do it... Life!