How do you explain Drum n Bass...

• Thread starter Deleted member 23164
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23164

to people who think its all 'boom tish boom tish'

i can't do it... they just don't get it!

I play them tracks from across the spectrum and show them that it isn't just party music enjoyed by teenage hoodlums and that there a wide range of styles within dnb

Once I do that they tend to change their opinion. Some of them have even said that they like the liquid stuff.

Most people need music with lyrics to enjoy it. Like most people don't get classical music they also don't understand why any of us would listen to what to them amounts to noise

what i seem to have noticed is that people who like metal,hardcore, punk rock and that kinda stuff usually will also appreciate drum & bass

when i want to show it to somebody i ask what they usually listen to and then go by that

Tell them to stop focusing on listening to the drums & listen to the other elements of the track. I find most people that don't get it are so put off by the drum sounds that they miss everything else. Hence the "it all sounds the same" call...

Tell them to stop focusing on listening to the drums & listen to the other elements of the track. I find most people that don't get it are so put off by the drum sounds that they miss everything else. Hence the "it all sounds the same" call...

Yeah and to add to that, make them listen to tracks that don't have hi-hats ticking away quickly. It seems that many people get put off by the fast tempo because hi-hats make it sound quicker than it is.

Looking back at raves I must admit I hardly ever notice the drums and have never realised

Back
Top Bottom