How do you double drop

stef1991

been djing for about 1year now n im pretty good at general mixing and bringing tunes in just i cant figure out how to double dropis it about counting how many seconds it is until the tunes drop in and taking it away from the other or something
thank you

normally bosh two of them in my mouth at the same time, big gulp of water and give it some BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR as i swallow.

normally does the trick.

they always sync up after that.

its bars mate, I dunno how you can mix properly if you dont use a standard bar structure.
Its mainly in 16/32 bar phrases.
a lot of tunes especially jump up drop on the 33rd bar(after 32bars) so you can start them both at the same times and get them in sync ect.

im not very good at explainin these things though

get your tunes you want to drop on your tableturns then at the end of the mars bar drop both decks simultaneously on the floor. works a treat and the crowd love it.

rewind it to the beginning and play it again...thats how a propper dj does it.
I saw one guy he seemed really experimental he played one tune and just rewound it for an hour, changed my life

set one vinyl to 33rpm and the other to 45rpm, add some flange effect, then take the needle off one of the record and put another record straight on to it and BANG, double dropped!

its all about working out how long the intro is (i.e how many bars) and then taking away that amount of bars from the drop you wish to double it with. now drop the tune here and bobs ur uncle!

perfectly if i must say. just practise on your own not in front of people as no one likes to screw up a mix when people are there. gd luck gal

Last edited:
Only Mampi Swift can double drop- no other DJ has ever been able to do it, Its why IC3 calls him the Double Drop Master.

Fact.

If your on CDJs then 16 bars is roughly 22 secs, 32 bars is 44 seconds, 48 bars is 66 seconds.. So on so forth.

So if your tune has a 32 bar break, then you need to make sure that the other tune is played at the correct time. Even if the tune you wana drop has a longer intro, say 66seconds/48bars, you just have to drop it 16 bars before the break, therefore making everthing drop at the same time.

Hope that makes sence (y)

Back
Top Bottom