How do you do these drum rolls?

WhoSayReload?

VIP Junglist
Easy guys,

I'm wondering how do you do a kick drum roll like at 2:10 in the track below without it clashing with your main kick drum in the track? Is is high passing / band passing the drum roll? Using a different kick drum sample? What's the answer? Cheers

Not super difficult to make, is it? And here I was thinking it was going to be some evol intent type shit.

The main kick is probably layered so that's a small roll with the top layer of the kick, or you could resample and HP i guess. Or get another kick sample and do it with

Not super difficult to make, is it? And here I was thinking it was going to be some evol intent type shit.

The main kick is probably layered so that's a small roll with the top layer of the kick, or you could resample and HP i guess. Or get another kick sample and do it with

Difficult enough for me to ask lol. Thanks anyways that makes sense.

Easy guys,

I'm wondering how do you do a kick drum roll like at 2:10 in the track below without it clashing with your main kick drum in the track? Is is high passing / band passing the drum roll? Using a different kick drum sample? What's the answer? Cheers

high pass, low pass, mono-note your sampler and go from there

It's a Kick Drum roll, being panned in quick succession from left to right, while being Low Passed and opening the filter slowly from the closed position to a more open position. It also sounds like a different Kick Drum sample.

Back
Top Bottom