How do you do these drum rolls?

WhoSayReload?

VIP Junglist
Easy guys,

I'm wondering how do you do a kick drum roll like at 2:10 in the track below without it clashing with your main kick drum in the track? Is is high passing / band passing the drum roll? Using a different kick drum sample? What's the answer? Cheers

logikz

I Am Not The King
Not super difficult to make, is it? And here I was thinking it was going to be some evol intent type shit.

The main kick is probably layered so that's a small roll with the top layer of the kick, or you could resample and HP i guess. Or get another kick sample and do it with

WhoSayReload?

VIP Junglist
Not super difficult to make, is it? And here I was thinking it was going to be some evol intent type shit.

The main kick is probably layered so that's a small roll with the top layer of the kick, or you could resample and HP i guess. Or get another kick sample and do it with

Difficult enough for me to ask lol. Thanks anyways that makes sense.

xiris

Resident Canadian
VIP Junglist
Easy guys,

I'm wondering how do you do a kick drum roll like at 2:10 in the track below without it clashing with your main kick drum in the track? Is is high passing / band passing the drum roll? Using a different kick drum sample? What's the answer? Cheers

high pass, low pass, mono-note your sampler and go from there

Neural Tech

Nuskool
VIP Junglist
It's a Kick Drum roll, being panned in quick succession from left to right, while being Low Passed and opening the filter slowly from the closed position to a more open position. It also sounds like a different Kick Drum sample.

Top Bottom