how do you deal with it?

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by apples, Sep 20, 2006.

1. apples

apples WINNER is back ;)

how do you deal with shitty customers that put you down etc etc?
    man it pisses me off and ruins my whole day....when it shouldn't?!

2. mesh

mesh Active Member

its hard when you take escalated situations in customer servioe, cause you are pretty much the bad guy if you like it or not. get out of the place for 5 mins and take a breath

3. Flatmatt

Flatmatt Member

er...with difficulty! try working in debt collections [shudder]:fuckjoo:

4. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

Think about all the luvry money.

I.e. set up your own business and then you won't care about their attitude because you're taking their money.

5. BeyondTherapy

BeyondTherapy Well-Known Member

best way to deal with it is simple

pretend to give a shit , they hate it

the point of customers is this ......... they need to vent there anger over what ever ...

imagine when your looking at them sat on the toilet doing there having a shit face,or imagine them in there cum face moment ... lol

we all have them

i used to use this method of thought when i worked a tescos .... took me awhile but i started loving going into work just to have a jackass come in and complain about milk gone off after they left it out for 1hr ???

what seems so petty is life n death to some,so in brace ,,lol behind that smile and think and randem thought then your rearlise "this is there life"

the amount of randem people i tried to imagine there cumming face was just laughable with in its self !!! but trust me i did it

passes the day with me looking like a nutter laughing to myself

try it ........ 8)

6. deadaelus

deadaelus Laughter in the Slaughter

are you a debt collector? I have done that shit for 2.5 years now i know what its like m8.

Apples, You just have to show them that it doesnt bother you (even if it does). Try not to react or retaliate, you dont want to generate a complaint to your manager or boss that you lost your cool, no matter how much of an ass the customer is to you. Then you need to vent, take a quick five. Go bitch to a coworker. Have a smoke. Do breathing excersizes. Think about your happy place. Then go back to work after trying to settle down a bit.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2006
  7. Radius

Radius Give me back my passport u slags

YOu know the best way is to keep smiling they get more and more pissed off...I love it when they get close to shitting and frothing all at once....:rofl:

8. moriaty

moriaty Active Member

i work in a call centre, and too get loads of idiots on the phone, thinking that this is my company, and im responsible for whatever plight a missing ticket may bring em..

but the best way to deal with it is to expect every single customer to be a mindless idiot, who called to ruin your day..
    that way im prepered to confront them with a nice smile, but a baseball bat behind my back to put them in their place if needed.
    so every bad customer i get, i expect it all ready, and when the majority of them are usualy cool, then thats just a bonus ..!

but yeah, i hate customer services...:shittin: :thumbsd:

Last edited: Sep 21, 2006
  9. Inwonderland

Inwonderland Jungle Jamboree

I work in an expensive shoe shop for older ladies. You have to be EVER so polite, all the time. None of them can empathise. Most of them have never had a shitty job in their lives.

All you can do is hang on in there til they've gone, then go downstairs, or to the loo, or for a cigarette/spliff/crack pipe (whatever floats your boat) etc.

I think its just one of those sad things: serving customers is never really fun. And as far as the company is concerned, they must always be "in the right". After all, a company thrives on custom.

Not that most of the silly cunts dont deserve a good slap.
    What sort of customers do you serve by the way?

10. apples

apples WINNER is back ;)

guys! thank you. i'm glad i'm not the only that gets the shit, was starting to think they hunted me down.

I will def take on all your thoughts, its cheered me up at least thank you:gang_bang

i work for an isp......its odd the sort of calls i can get. 1 person is sooooooo happy with the advice i have given them, but the next is just an unreasonable cunt. ADSL isn't the only thing we sell and we don't particularly want tossers like them ha! :knob:

i have to get out of this job! so goddamn boring :sadbana:

11. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

haha! helpdesk massive!!

anyway it used to wear me out something large, i mean i looked a shite sight worse coming home from here than i did from the warehouse where i was throwing boxes and loading trucks all day. helpdesk work makes you hate people, at least it did for me in the beginning, whichs just gash being a bitter cunt to your surroundings. its just not me, even if im swedish, ive on that latin american social vibe, you know what im saying i like to parlay.

but i quite quickly came to the realization that
    all i can do is all i can do and should that not be enough then the customer can break his spine is spasms of frustration for all i care cos its just a job and this is all i can do.