how do u get them fekin hats to sound right

lokki

JUNGLIST FROM DEYA
VIP Junglist
rah! how do u get the hats to sound right in fruity???? i want a proper full on amen style hat arrangmet but i cant get the fekin sound right without layering about 4 or 5 together!

...help you bastards!

thanks!

Not sure what to tell u about how to get em soundin right, but after layerin them it might be a good idea to save those so u have em for later. Usually i can get my hats to sound decent with a little filtering, chorus and or reverb. Hope that helped, good luck :who_wants

Affliction

thought size didnt matter
VIP Junglist
Compression is important for hats.... you want a really low threshold with a really high ratio... up the attack until you get a nice ting... a little warm distortion afterwards too...

lokki

JUNGLIST FROM DEYA
VIP Junglist
Affliction said:
Compression is important for hats.... you want a really low threshold with a really high ratio... up the attack until you get a nice ting... a little warm distortion afterwards too...

cheers big ears! that dun it!

capone73

Sounds right,I also feel that the filter,reverb method of tweaking out them hats is the best and most responsive.

Capone73

NCJunglist420 said:
Not sure what to tell u about how to get em soundin right, but after layerin them it might be a good idea to save those so u have em for later. Usually i can get my hats to sound decent with a little filtering, chorus and or reverb. Hope that helped, good luck :who_wants

Serum

VIP Junglist
amen hat arrangement is just a ride cymbal on every half beat, you might be best taking samples from old breaks rather than clean samples from drum machines and the likes, it'll save you a lot of trouble as they got that sound already.

H

Herbal Monk

I don't use fruity loops.

hi-pass filter (there is a lot of uneeded bottom in cymbals and hats) or negative eq'ing in the 200-500 regions (surf the parametric) because that is only mud and noise which is unneeded, what you want is sparkle to bring em out.

:spliff: