How do i record a mix???

Either plug a phono to 3mm cable (£5 usally) from the back of your mixer to your computers mic input (pink) or line in (blue i believe) or if your mixer hasnt got a record out, go from the back of your amps record out. Failing that, use your phone lol

Either plug a phono to 3mm cable (£5 usally) from the back of your mixer to your computers mic input (pink) or line in (blue i believe) or if your mixer hasnt got a record out, go from the back of your amps record out. Failing that, use your phone lol

lol, cheers mate! think i can do the second one...do i need a program to record it though??

do you mean like an aux lead?

do you mean like an aux lead?

Yeah...

phono%20to%20jack.jpg

^^^One thousand words^^^

record to phone??? haha . . . I connected my mixer to laptop with that lead and recorded a set with audacity but the sound quality is ruff unless I turn the volume right down but that is crap and cant mix properly. Any solutions??? The only other options I can try is recording from the amp or from the mixer with a pre-amp connector.

so to record a mix do you need a 3 channel mixer?

Nar the number of channels refers to inputs (that's the very basic way of looking at it any way, mixers tend to have the twice the amount of inputs as channels - one line and one phono per channel).

Most mixers have 2 outputs in my experience a "main" out and either a "both" or record" out. You either need to connect your record line to which ever out you are not using for speakers or via a spare out on your amp. It's always best to go from the mixer if you have the choice (in my experience again).

ah, i think my set up is too basic to record a mix then, i don't have an amp, and my mixer is a stanton m.201! 2 lines, 2 phono and a master output for the speakers... time for an upgrade?

Back
Top Bottom