How do i make this Bass in Ableton?

ChestOr

Well, seems pretty easy with Thor and Reason.
But i just don't get it done with Ableton Live and since this is the only DAW I use i would like to know a way, how this is done.

What happens there, when he changes to MultiOsc? Is there any way to do that with other VST, or even with Abletons Operator/Analog. Mainly i use just 3 Synths: Rapture, Gladiator and Vanguard and anything i try, just doesn't sound like it should.

Would be nice, if someone translates that Thor into another Synth :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Since you have Vangaurd that's what I'd personally use because it has a lot of Saw waveforms and a great unison detune feature which is perfect for reese basses. First open up Vangaurd and use CTRL and left click to default out all the knobs. Turn off all the fx and blank out your oscillators. You should have a blank patch to start from (I'd save this blank for future use). Go to OSC 1 and select a waveform of your choice but the saws will work best. Tune this oscillator down by 12 cents (1 octave). Now turn OSC 2 and set it as another saw wave and tune it down by 24 cents (2 octaves) you should now have a low and mid saw going.

Now there are 3 knobs just to the right of the oscillator screens. The top one is how many voices, the middle one is the detune amount and the bottom one roughens them up a bit more. Turn up the voices all the way and then play around with the other 2 knobs to get it sounding right for your taste. send that to the mixer and play with distortions and filters. to get it bassy like in that video just use a lowpass filter with the cutoff frequency turned down about 1/2 way or more maybe and a lil resonance (or Q).

thx, I've been trying that already...it comes close to that MultiOsc change in Thor, but it is still not the same i think.
It just doesn't sound that soft in the higher frequencies...

Back
Top Bottom