How do i learn the basics?

dubsta2004

i just got reasons 2 . how do i learn the basics without the tutorial. and what should i concertrate on first?. beats, samples etc

Start with beats, learn how to make the common patterns, then get a synth and bung some notes in and flick through the presets, when you find 1 that sounds ok start fiddling with stuff while its playing so you can hear what everything does.

Leave samples for a little while, or use the 1s in the sound banks/refills til you get the knack of what does what to the sounds.

Oh yeah, read the tutorial/manual and stuff.

dubsta2004 said:
i just got reasons 2 . how do i learn the basics without the tutorial. and what should i concertrate on first?. beats, samples etc

Practice :teeth: :cheerlead :cheerlead :cheerlead :coffee: :rtfm: :jay:

etc.

Learn by doing... The best way. I'm a FLStudio person myself, I still find the interface more innately suited to the type of production that requires quick, convenient access to FX banks, vst config, it's just all there. The interface is different, but it grows on you. I bemoan the fact that Cubase lacks some of the easier ways to do things with VSTs that FLStudio just offers at the click of a mouse button.

By the way, the Reason 2 sample engine is NOT sample accurate. FLStudio's is. Just thought I'd mention that. ;) (I've seen proof of this and can go find the URL again if you'd like).

I'd definitely use the tutorial as it'll show you how the program works. Read what the effects do and that way when you want to make a sound you'll be able to understand how and why it sounds like it does.

Also try to think about your favourite tunes, and how the tunes would look on the piano roll, notes and timing wise.

thanks for the advice i have started on a few tracks and already i have come up with some pretty good stuff. i like using the filters on whole sections of beats.. u can get some good ffects

how do i put a mix on the web / furum so people can hear my stuff and give me some feed back

dubsta2004 said:
thanks for the advice i have started on a few tracks and already i have come up with some pretty good stuff. i like using the filters on whole sections of beats.. u can get some good ffects

how do i put a mix on the web / furum so people can hear my stuff and give me some feed back

stuff on the web? You'll be needing webspace for that mate. You can either buy some, and get an elite domain name to go with it, or you can go with some third party solution, something like what soundclick or acidplanet offers (where you upload your tracks but they're harder to listen to cause normally you're forced to go through the sites to get a full download link, and sometimes whoever wants to download it needs to register a username first, etc)...

I just had some webspace already for something else, so I bought another domain name (20hz.biz) and used that for my dnb-related stuff. Much easier (if you wanna do it like that).

Back
Top Bottom